Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming build with working NVRAM

Hello pastrychef
I'm trying to set up a graphics card, but it still shows "???". The video card works and passes the "Metal" test. Tell me, my problem is that I introduced SMBIOS iMacPro1 and there is no RX580 video card there? Please advise what to do. Change iMacPro to iMac19.1 or add another video card to the current AppleGraphicPowerManagement.kext, taking it from iMac19.1?
I tried the application AGPMinjector.
AGPMInjector/releases
Did not work. Everything remains "???".

Please see post #3 of this thread. Towards the bottom is "How to populate System Information > PCI". That will allow you to make the GPU show as anything you like.

Keep in mind that all of this is cosmetic and doesn't affect performance.

Please try clearing CMOS and re-doing BIOS settings with IGPU disabled.

No Dice. I did notice that there is a option in the bios called native AMI NVME driver I have tried it both on and off it doesn't seem to make a difference

No Dice. I did notice that there is a option in the bios called native AMI NVME driver I have tried it both on and off it doesn't seem to make a difference

Hmm... Doesn't make sense... Booting via Clover has been 100% consistent for me. Please post your EFI as you currently have it from your main system drive.

Also, remember that after clearing CMOS, the MSR will be locked again.

After unlocking CMOS, you should make the appropriate BIOS settings, then save your BIOS profile to a USB flash drive. This way, if/when you clear CMOS, you can just load up your BIOS profile and MSR will be unlocked.

Hello @pastrychef !

did you check if the mobo has enough PCIex lanes when both the TH3 AIC and 10GbE ETH are installed? Can you install the 10GbE on a 1x PciEx slot without any decrease in performance? Or you need to install it on a 4x as the TH3 AIC card? To my understanding the only TH3 AIC slot available is the 2nd PCIex 16x and you need for the TH3 AIC...

Hello @pastrychef !

did you check if the mobo has enough PCIex lanes when both the TH3 AIC and 10GbE ETH are installed? Can you install the 10GbE on a 1x PciEx slot without any decrease in performance? Or you need to install it on a 4x as the TH3 AIC card? To my understanding the only TH3 AIC slot available is the 2nd PCIex 16x and you need for the TH3 AIC...

It won't work because the Thunderbolt card and the 10GbE card are both PCI-e x4 cards and the motherboard only has one PCI-e x4 slot besides the slot for the GPU. The other two PCI-e slots are x1 slots.

Current Thunderbolt cards should not require more than x4.

It won't work because the Thunderbolt card and the 10GbE card are both PCI-e x4 cards and the motherboard only has one PCI-e x4 slot besides the slot for the GPU. The other two PCI-e slots are x1 slots.

Current Thunderbolt cards should not require more than x4.

Sorry. I read again your 1st post and noticed that you pulled out the Thunderbolt card to have the 10GbE card in. Though your 1st PCIEx 16x slot should work at 8x now.

Another thing: the Intel CNVi slot is not populated in your mb, right? Should I buy a GA mb with Intel CNVi slot already populated do you think I can just simply remove it?

Dear fellows...I just cant get the GRUB prompt. I`m running the F9 Bios in my Z390 Gaming SLI, I did all the process ( How To Find Your MSR Lock/Unlock Address And Change The Setting ) but Im stucked in this unlocking process...could anybody give me a light?

Sorry. I read again your 1st post and noticed that you pulled out the Thunderbolt card to have the 10GbE card in. Though your 1st PCIEx 16x slot should work at 8x now.

Another thing: the Intel CNVi slot is not populated in your mb, right? Should I buy a GA mb with Intel CNVi slot already populated do you think I can just simply remove it?

No, the first PCI-e slot operates at x16 regardless of what other cards I have installed.

Screen Shot 2020-02-18 at 7.01.29 PM.png

No, the CNVi slot on Gigabyte motherboards will not work with anything except Intel CNVi Wi-Fi/Bluetooth cards. I don't know why Gigabyte did such a stupid thing... The CNVi slots on Asus motherboards can be used with non-CNVi Wi-Fi/Bluetooth cards.

Dear fellows...I just cant get the GRUB prompt. I`m running the F9 Bios in my Z390 Gaming SLI, I did all the process ( How To Find Your MSR Lock/Unlock Address And Change The Setting ) but Im stucked in this unlocking process...could anybody give me a light?

It's really straight forward. Just copy the EFI Shell to the EFI partition of a USB flash drive and boot from the USB flash drive.

Maybe try initializing the USB flash drive again or try initializing the USB flash drive to FAT32 and copy the EFI Shell to the root directory.

Back