Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming build with working NVRAM

Which M2 slot are you guys using? I have my NWMe drive in the slot next to the CPU at the moment. I am about to put in a dGPU which will be right next to my NVMe drive, and now I'm wondering if the M2 NVMe drive would be cooler in the other slot. Right now mine is reporting 109F regularly(WD black, 500GB, non-heatsink version).

I don't know why Apple Watch unlock isn't working for you. I don't have an Apple Watch to test.

Make sure WhateverGreen is enabled in config.plist > Kernel > Add.
About Apple Watch, we need BT 4.2.
"Auto unlock requires Bluetooth 4.2 and Wi-Fi to be up and running on both your Apple Watch and Mac in order to work"
And my Dongle is 4.0.
About Whatergreen, because it was disabled and only one monitor was connected, after I activated everything worked again.
But this case of sound, I thought it was strange, this is happening from nowhere, only on MacOS, on Windows this is working normal.

Which M2 slot are you guys using? I have my NWMe drive in the slot next to the CPU at the moment. I am about to put in a dGPU which will be right next to my NVMe drive, and now I'm wondering if the M2 NVMe drive would be cooler in the other slot. Right now mine is reporting 109F regularly(WD black, 500GB, non-heatsink version).

I have mine in the same slot (between CPU and PCI-e slot). I use one of these cheap-o heatsinks on the SSD. Along with the air circulation from the CPU cooler fans, temps are fine.

Hi

I'm using both. Mac OSX installed on the one furthest from the CPU.

Tony

About Apple Watch, we need BT 4.2.
"Auto unlock requires Bluetooth 4.2 and Wi-Fi to be up and running on both your Apple Watch and Mac in order to work"
And my Dongle is 4.0.
About Whatergreen, because it was disabled and only one monitor was connected, after I activated everything worked again.
But this case of sound, I thought it was strange, this is happening from nowhere, only on MacOS, on Windows this is working normal.

Others have Apple Watch unlock working. You should dig a bit deeper.

WhateverGreen should enable HDMI/DisplayPort audio. It has nothing to do with Windows. Windows uses completely different drivers.

Hi

I'm using both. Mac OSX installed on the one furthest from the CPU.

Tony

Is there a program, like Speccy or CPU-z, for macOS that can reliably display hardware temps and frequencies? I installed my EVO 970 closer to the CPU if only because I wondered if that M.2 slot had a theoretically higher throughput than the other slot.

Is there a program, like Speccy or CPU-z, for macOS that can reliably display hardware temps and frequencies? I installed my EVO 970 closer to the CPU if only because I wondered if that M.2 slot had a theoretically higher throughput than the other slot.

I use iStat Menus with Intel Power Gadget.

Both M.2 slots should perform equally.

Others have Apple Watch unlock working. You should dig a bit deeper.

WhateverGreen should enable HDMI/DisplayPort audio. It has nothing to do with Windows. Windows uses completely different drivers.
It's really weird, I need to see which BT cards people use.
ABOUT the Monitor, it is even stranger, because it is active, and it was working normally, now I have to disconnect and connect the cable and it works again.

Sorry - More questions. The Titan Ridge AIC comes with a USB 2.0/1.1 header cable. I have the Bluetooth card plugged into one of the USB header ports on the motherboard, and my case USB connection into the other so I don't have any open USB headers. What functionality does the Titan Ridge card give with the USB 2.0/1.1 header cable? I am not using my case USB 2.0 ports so I assume nothing is lost by unplugging my case connection and plugging in the Titan Ridge card?

It's really weird, I need to see which BT cards people use.
ABOUT the Monitor, it is even stranger, because it is active, and it was working normally, now I have to disconnect and connect the cable and it works again.

I assume most are using either an Apple Wi-Fi/Bluetooth card or a Fenvi.

Try rolling back to an older version of WhateverGreen to see if it makes a difference.

Back