Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming build with working NVRAM

Just rename that folder as 'EFI' and drop it into the root of the USB installer? Do I need to do anything with the Multibeast directory?

No need to use MultiBeast with any of my EFI folders. It's all done already.

No need to use MultiBeast with any of my EFI folders. It's all done already.

When I boot, I still see a Clover menu. Is that correct when using OpenCore?

The install now freezes up (no restart) at 2 minutes remaining in the first install phase. Video of verbose mode coming shortly.

When I boot, I still see a Clover menu. Is that correct when using OpenCore?

The install now freezes up (no restart) at 2 minutes remaining in the first install phase. Video of verbose mode coming shortly.

You should see a boot menu. It looks different from the Clover boot menu.

Please replace your existing config.plist with the attached one to enable verbose boot.

Attachments

• config.plist
    29.6 KB · Views: 63
You should see a boot menu. It looks different from the Clover boot menu.

Please replace your existing config.plist with the attached one to enable verbose boot.

With the updated config file I still see a Clover menu. Do I need to reinitialize the installer USB using Disk Utility? Assume I know nothing, because I don't haha.

With the updated config file I still see a Clover menu. Do I need to reinitialize the installer USB using Disk Utility? Assume I know nothing, because I don't haha.

No. Just do the following:

Mount the EFI partition of your USB flash drive.
Replace the existing EFI folder in the EFI partition of the USB flash drive with the one I gave you.
Boot from the USB flash drive.

Replace the existing EFI folder in the EFI partition of the USB flash drive with the one I gave you.

Oh, I need to mount the EFI partition. Bingo. Thank you for that!

I have not been mounting the EFI partition and updating those directories with the files you have linked previously. Were those EFI folders meant for the EFI partition? If so, I can back it up a number of steps because I was just dropping them all into the root directory visible when the drive mounts automatically.

I have not been mounting the EFI partition and updating those directories with the files you have linked previously. Were those EFI folders meant for the EFI partition? If so, I can back it up a number of steps because I was just dropping them all into the root directory visible when the drive mounts automatically.

Ah!! That was probably the problem!!

Yes, ALL EFI folders are supposed to go on the EFI partition. Please go back and try again with your original EFI folder.

success.jpg

Success! Thank you so much for your patience and help throughout!!!

View attachment 483421

Success! Thank you so much for your patience and help throughout!!!

Cool. You probably didn't create your USB Installer using the method I posted on post #1. That's why you had some other EFI folder in there that didn't work.

Be sure to set up your Serial, Board Serial, and UUID.

Back