Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming build with working NVRAM

After the first stage of the installation, there will be an "Install" partition created on your SSD. Keep choosing that partition at the Clover boot menu until it's no longer there. This is true for all future macOS updates too.
yeah that is what has shown up but it says HFS on it did i format the ssd incorrectly then?

yeah that is what has shown up but it says HFS on it did i format the ssd incorrectly then?

When you first get to the macOS installer, launch Disk Utility and initialize your SSD as APFS. With Catalina, only APFS is supported.

When you first get to the macOS installer, launch Disk Utility and initialize your SSD as APFS. With Catalina, only APFS is supported.
here is the process of what im doing, please let me know what im doing wrong.

here is the process of what im doing, please let me know what im doing wrong.

It doesn't look like you are using my EFI... Please replace the EFI on the EFI partition of your USB flash drive with the one on post #1.

Remember to add the boot arguments required for RX 5700 XT.

Last edited:
It doesn't look like you are using my EFI... Please replace the EFI on the EFI partition of your USB flash drive with the one on post #1.

Remember to add the boot arguments required for RX 5700 XT.
weird cause I put your EFI in but I will try again.

also how do I put the boot arguments so i don't have to keep putting them everytime I'm in clover?

weird cause I put your EFI in but I will try again.

also how do I put the boot arguments so i don't have to keep putting them everytime I'm in clover?

Open the config.plist with Clover Configurator and you can add the boot arguments as so:
Screen Shot 2020-02-11 at 10.01.59 AM.png

Hi pastrychef,
i tried to solve my usb wakeup problem by attaching a usb 2.0 slot and connecting it to the internal usb 2.0 headers.
After enabling Legacy USB in BIOS the ports seem to be recognized by clover bootloader but attached usb devices don't show up in osx Catalina.
Is there a way to activate those 2x2 USB 2.0 ports?
thanks again,
Stefan

Hi pastrychef,
i tried to solve my usb wakeup problem by attaching a usb 2.0 slot and connecting it to the internal usb 2.0 headers.
After enabling Legacy USB in BIOS the ports seem to be recognized by clover bootloader but attached usb devices don't show up in osx Catalina.
Is there a way to activate those 2x2 USB 2.0 ports?
thanks again,
Stefan

Okay. You will have to remove my USB port mapping and redo it to enable the USB 2 headers.

1. Delete SSDT-6-A M I (with power injection) from /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/.
  2. Install USBInjectAll.kext to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/.
  3. Add the USB 15 port limit patches to your config.plist.
  4. Apply one of the proper USB 15 port limit fixes and remove the USB 15 port limit patches from config.plist.

Hmmm. I have not done anything with MSR and there are no problems with native NVRAM. I am using SSDT-PMC.aml. With BIOS F7, no problems either. Only a little coil whine, mainly on games. Do you think G9x improved it?

Back