Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming build with working NVRAM

I tried but it still doesn't work.
I just made a video and put it on youtube for you to check.

You are getting a graphics error.

What kind of Vega 56 are you using?
Is your IGPU enabled or disabled?
How are your monitors connected?

Screen Shot 2020-02-09 at 7.41.10 PM.png

You are getting a graphics error.

View attachment 449118
Gigabyte Radeon RX VEGA 56 8 GB OC Gaming
Enable
2 monitors in each VGA displayport, this VGA have 3x DP and 3 HDMI

Gigabyte Radeon RX VEGA 56 8 GB OC Gaming
Enable
2 monitors in each VGA displayport, this VGA have 3x DP and 3 HDMI

Please see the following thread:

@arvinsim and @k1ngJu4n have the Vega 64 versions of your video card and were unable to get it to work right.

I don't know how to get that card to work. The port layout deviates too far from reference.

2017120710504068_big.png
AMD_Radeon_RX_Vega_56_ports_800.jpg

My Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming is extremely reliable now. I wouldn't have done this write up if I felt the motherboard was unreliable.

I was not trying to insinuate otherwise I appreciate everything you do mate!

You're going to have to get a PCI-e adaptor to use your Apple Wi-Fi/Bluetooth card. Stupid Gigabyte whitelists the CNVi slot to only work with Intel CNVi cards...

If you want Sidecar, you can just switch to iMac19,1 system definition and enable IGPU. It should run equally as well. I chose iMacPro1,1 for simplicity because I don't have a Sidecar compatible iPad.

My card is a PCIE card with a USB header that connects to F_USB1

I had a hunch it was due to the 5700 XT... Is your Z390 M Gaming reliable with your older video card?

"Built-In" vs "Slot-0" is just cosmetic. You can edit it to say almost anything in config.plist > Devices > Properties.

Not sure about DRAM Power... Are both systems using the same SMC emulator?

Hmm... Weird...

dart=0 is used to circumvent VT-d.
slide=0 is related to NVRAM.
agdpmod=pikera is a workaround for GPU black screen condition.
darkwake=0 is to change the darkwake behavior.

Both systems are set to iMac Pro 1,1

The 5700XT seems to be stable now in the older system,m with those Boot arguments.

As for setting things to iMac 19.1, I don't think that is and Option using the i9-9900KF as it has no IGPU.

Both systems seems to be running totally stable I'm going to add the Boot arguments to the Z390 M Gaming system and put the 5700 XT back into it and see if it works. They have both been running for about 15 Hours now with no issues during idle.

I was not trying to insinuate otherwise I appreciate everything you do mate!

My card is a PCIE card with a USB header that connects to F_USB1

Both systems are set to iMac Pro 1,1

the 5700XT seems to be stable now in the older system,m with those Boot arguments.

as for setting things to iMac 19,1 I don't think that is and Option using the i9-9900KF as it has no IGPU.

Both systems seems to be running totally stable I'm going to add the Boot arguments to the Z390 M Gaming system and put the 5700 XT back into it and see if it works. They have both been running for about 15 Hours now with no issues during idle.

F_USB1 is how I have the USB ports configured so Bluetooth should be working for you.

Yes, with "F" CPUs, iMacPro1,1 is the best option. I have an i5-9400F.

I'm anxiously awaiting your test results with the 5700 XT.

On the ACPI tab in the drop tables I have DMAR on my ASUS system, and I don't have it on the Gigabyte Should I? I'm not sure what it does.

Also on the Gigabyte system currently XMP 1 is enabled in BIOS and Clover Boot tab says it is set to 1 instead of auto.Screen Shot 2020-02-09 at 7.47.32 PM.png

On the ACPI tab in the drop tables I have DMAR on my ASUS system, and I don't have it on the Gigabyte Should I? I'm not sure what it does.

Also on the Gigabyte system currently XMP 1 is enabled in BIOS and Clover Boot tab says it is set to 1 instead of auto.

DMAR should be another method to circumvent issues with VT-d. I've never needed it on any of my builds... If you thing VT-d is an issue, it's probably better to disable it from BIOS.

If the system is stable with your current XMP settings, I would just leave it as-is.

Ok I have them swapped back and the Gigabyte with the 5700 XT is idling.

While that is going on I wonder if the reason there is no DRAM measurement on the 9900KF is because of the lack of. IGPU perhaps?

Also what would you recommend as a motherboard for a full ATX build with TB3 "hot plug capable"

Ok I have them swapped back and the Gigabyte with the 5700 XT is idling.

While that is going on I wonder if the reason there is no DRAM measurement on the 9900KF is because of the lack of. IGPU perhaps?

What do you mean "DRAM measurement"?

What do you mean "DRAM measurement"?

On the Intel Power gadget on my ASUS system with the i9-9900K, it has a power reading for DRAM
Screen Shot 2020-02-09 at 8.04.54 PM.png

On the Gigabyte system with the i9-9900KF it doesn't have this. So I'm wondering if it is measuring it for something having to do with the IGPU.

Also, just crossed the 5 minute barrier on the Gigabyte system, and it hasn't locked up yet.

Back