Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming , 9700K , iGPU. Won't boot installer

Status
Not open for further replies.
i didn't get anything like that ( no word PANIC seen) but here's a couple of seconds before the panic

Can you post the video somewhere like myairbridge.com?

thats not mentioned in any BIOS guide !
will do that

edit : Disabled Serial Port under : Super IO Configuration
still getting the same panic ( tried 2 times )

Last edited:
thats not mentioned in any BIOS guide !
will do that

macOS doesn't like the presence of any serial ports...

Screen Shot 2019-06-21 at 4.38.23 PM.png

there's only one place to disable serial in bios
and that didn't help
still getting the same panic :(

there's only one place to disable serial in bios
and that didn't help
still getting the same panic :(

Are you still seeing that message about serial port?

The only other error messages I saw was for NTFS. Do you have a Windows drive connected?

@Meras,

If the EFI in Post #16 results in a black screen but not a kernel panic, then please try that EFI folder again, but replace the config.plist with the attached version. If you're using the HDMI port on the motherboard, the connector patches applied here should enable that port (hence no black screen).

Attachments

• config.plist
    12.2 KB · Views: 362
OK So I've just had success with this MB - Gigabyte Z390 Gaming M. I went through the Bios very carefully, pretty much checking every line on every page. I made sure I had the done following. First of all I loaded defaults. Then I checked these settings. VT-d = disable. Secure Boot = disable. IO serial port = disable. OS - set to other & Lastly XHCI Handoff = Enable. Some of these settings are in obscure places & you need to search them out. Once I did this Mojave installed with no problem at all. However, after running Multibeast & before I installed any other software I decided to update to 10.14.5

This seemed to go well until it was time to re-boot & then it got into some kind of a boot loop. Each loop pretty much occurred with 13mins to go. After several attempts I got fed up & decided to go back to the beginning & re-install Mojave 10.14. So I did this only to find it still going into boot loops with around 13mins of install time to go.

Once again I was pretty frustrated & scratching my head when I realised the only thing I had done different following my first installation was to plug the Ethernet in. So I pulled the Ethernet & voila no problem re-installing Mojave 10.14.

I'm now thinking that this was also the problem when trying to upgrade to 10.14.5.

I haven't re tried installing 10.14.5 but I will once I am happy with my current setup & I have made a CC to another SSD.

I'm thinking that so long as I pull the Ethernet after downloading the update everything will be OK.

Hope this helps.

Orbec....

@Meras,

If the EFI in Post #16 results in a black screen but not a kernel panic, then please try that EFI folder again, but replace the config.plist with the attached version. If you're using the HDMI port on the motherboard, the connector patches applied here should enable that port (hence no black screen).
Damn THAT WORKED !:headbang::headbang:
i disconnected LAN (as @orbec recommended) and used your config !
now I'm inside the installer
i hope this completes installation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back