Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming , 9700K , iGPU. Won't boot installer

Status
Not open for further replies.
That didn't help !
I removed everything (except CPU RAM AND 1SSD) still getting black screen after that point ! i left for a while nothing happened , sometimes it rebooted after i click or press a button

That didn't help !
I removed everything (except CPU RAM AND 1SSD) still getting black screen after that point ! i left for a while nothing happened , sometimes it rebooted after i click or press a button

At which point are you getting black screen?

I also got really strange behavior with this motherboard. After getting macOS installed, I pulled it out of my system and went back to Z370. This motherboard completely turned me off to Z390.

at the same point i attached earlier (i had to shoot a video and stop it to see).
thats really bad news about this Mobo :(
its the first one on the parts guide (mATX)
do you think i should forget it !?

That didn't help !
Please upload your CLOVER as zipped [ #4] and the BIOS options chosen for the boot as screen shots[ #33] along with verbose boot screens leading to the Black screen to figure out what can be the problem.

at the same point i attached earlier (i had to shoot a video and stop it to see).
thats really bad news about this Mobo :(
its the first one on the parts guide (mATX)
do you think i should forget it !?

I'm sure you can eventually get it to work. I eventually managed to get macOS installed on mine. I just felt that it didn't run macOS as well as my Z370. Not even close.

Since you already have it, I suggest you keep trying. Again, I'm sure you will eventually get macOS on there. Try with a fresh attempt at creating your EFI folder. Try with different Aptio fixes.

Please upload your CLOVER as zipped [ #4] and the BIOS options chosen for the boot as screen shots[ #33] along with verbose boot screens leading to the Black screen to figure out what can be the problem.
I have followed the BOIS settings as recommended in Z390 Guide (gigabyte) (for some reason my bios was reset ! so i did it again to make sure) (+ initial GPU = iGPU)

here's the screenshot (taken from a video) just before the screen goes back ! + EFI
thanks in advance

Attachments

• IMG_1461.jpg
    IMG_1461.jpg
    233.6 KB · Views: 66
  • EFI.zip
    8.4 MB · Views: 108
I have followed the BOIS settings as recommended in Z390 Guide (gigabyte) (for some reason my bios was reset ! so i did it again to make sure) (+ initial GPU = iGPU)

here's the screenshot (taken from a video) just before the screen goes back ! + EFI
thanks in advance

Yes, that happened to me quite a few times too. The BIOS would reset itself apparently of it's own will.

Get rid of Inject Intel.
Screen Shot 2019-06-21 at 12.55.56 PM.png

thanks in advance
  • Looks like your Clover Bootloader is struggling to enable Graphics despite you correcting the BIOS problem with Disabled IGFX.
  • Looking at the EFI_CLOVER FileTree and config.plist SECTIONS, I note the following for you to edit as shown in the uploaded screen shots.
    • If this still does not fix it, you may have to make changes in ACPI SECTION of config.plist based on Verbose boot screen

Attachments

• 1.EFI_CLOVER FileTree.png
    1.EFI_CLOVER FileTree.png
    354.2 KB · Views: 74
  • 2.config.plist_Rt Variables.png
    2.config.plist_Rt Variables.png
    218.1 KB · Views: 66
  • Looks like your Clover Bootloader is struggling to enable Graphics despite you correcting the BIOS problem with Disabled IGFX.
  • Looking at the EFI_CLOVER FileTree and config.plist SECTIONS, I note the following for you to edit as shown in the uploaded screen shots.
    • If this still does not fix it, you may have to make changes in ACPI SECTION of config.plist based on Verbose boot screen

SIP can be enabled if injecting kexts via /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/*/.

I've had SIP enabled on my system for months.

thanks for the reply. i'll try that right away
Just to be clear in BIOS . Initial Display out put should be iGFX ?
or it doesn't matter since the dGPU is disconnected ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back