Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390M Gaming
CPU
Graphics
GTX 1660 Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Hi,
I have spend several hours trying to solve this but it seems like a rabbit hole, every time i think I get a step forward i face another problem to the point that i don't know where to go. Any help would be appreciated.
Here's a few things i tried :
-Z390 M doesn't have a USB2 port
- tried several USB fixes (from the forums) nothing helped
- tried different SMBOIS (MaMini , iMac )
- Monitor connected through HDMI
- tired jbarnette's Build EFI, didn't work too

any insight would be great
Thank

Hi,
I have spend several hours trying to solve this but it seems like a rabbit hole, every time i think I get a step forward i face another problem to the point that i don't know where to go. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank

Unfortunately all those words don't define the Symptom(s) you are observing on your Display Monitor while trying to install macOSMojave; it just shows your frustration in not being successful in your attempts.

Without the exact computer symptom you are facing, the screen shot of what you are observing, the way you have created your USB Installer with the source of macOSMojave you have used to create the USB Installer disk, the BIOS options chosen for booting the macOSMojave USB Installer, the CLOVER folder inside the USB Installer to help you boot and reach the macOS Utilities Screen uploaded as a zipped file, and if you had succeeded to reach the Disk Utility Screen, how you had proceeded with the installation are all important information for diagnosis of the problem and to suggest the best next step.

After reading hundreds of similar posts, I had posted some helpful tips to either solve the problem or at least present the case to a forum to get some useful steps to successfully install macOSMojave in a compatible hardware.

If you are interested, check this :https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ave-installation-and-posting-for-help.276352/

Hi,

Thank

I had a heckuva time with that motherboard too.

Please try this EFI folder.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    8.4 MB · Views: 149
sorry for the lack of proper information. it was 3am and i was frustrated !

i'll try the supplied EFI and report back properly

So I tried the supplied EFI and when it reaches that line , the screen goes black !
It looks like the PC is still running but no display (connected to HDMI)
I left for about 20 minutes and nothing happened !

View attachment 412271
So I tried the supplied EFI and when it reaches that line , the screen goes black !
It looks like the PC is still running but no display (connected to HDMI)
I left for about 20 minutes and nothing happened !

Your GTX 1660 Ti might be the problem. Nvidia has not released any Mojave drivers and only Kepler cards work.

Your GTX 1660 Ti might be the problem. Nvidia has not released any Mojave drivers and only Kepler cards work.
Nvidia card is disconnected.
I'm using iGPU

I'm using iGPU

I don't know how this error... Maybe try changing system definition to iMac18,1.

I'm using iGPU
I'm using iGPU

• Disconnecting the Nvidia card from the Monitor is NOT enough.
  • The Unsupported Nvidia Graphics Card has to be Physically Removed from PCIE slot .
  • BIOS_ Peripherals_Initial Display Output: must have IGFX Enabled and
  • BIOS_Chipset_ DVMT Pre-Allocated set at the minimum of 64M or optimally at 128M.
  • CLOVER/config.plist_ Graphics must have [√]Inject Intel
  • [If you don't want to edit config.plist, you can do a temporary fix during Boot in Clover Boot Manager (CBM) >Option >GraphicsInjector-> [√]InjectIntel]
  • and boot the USB Installer and
  • repeat this temporary fix during reboots
    • until Installation is finished and Hard disk Mojave gets its own CLOVER with edited config.plist]

Attachments

• 1.BIOS_Peripherals.png
    1.BIOS_Peripherals.png
    263 KB · Views: 107
  • 2.BIOS Chipset.png
    2.BIOS Chipset.png
    286.3 KB · Views: 114
I had the Nvidia card disconnected from the PSU. I'll remove it completely and try again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back