Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z390 Designare TB 3 Buil-int does not work ... Help me !! .. Please...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Designare Z390
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 580
Hi Guys,

I just finished my first Hackintosh computer, I'm very happy with its operation, all components work except my LaCie d2 Thunderbolt 2 4TB drive because the 2 Thunderbolt 3 ports built into my Gibabyte Z390 Designare (rev.1.0, Bios V F6) I think they are not installed correctly.

The Lacie d2 is connected to the motherboard via TB2 to TB3 adapter but its blue light flashes continuously without actually starting its internal hard drive.

My Hackintosh PcSetup: SMBIOS iMacPro1,1 on Majve 10.15.5 (Z390 Designare + i9 9900k + Radio RX 580 + 2x Corsair 16MB - 3200 Mhz + EVGA Supernova G2 850W 80 Plus Gold Modular.

The configuration/Setup Bios is: (Gibabyte Z390 Designare, Rea 1.1 & Bios V.F6)

Peripherals (Main Menu)

--> Thunderbol(TM) Configuration

** Discrete Thunderbolt (TM) Support - Enabled
** TBT Vt-d base security - Disabled
** Thunderbolt Boot Support - Disabled
** Wake From Thunderbolt(TM) Devices - Enabled
** Security Level - No Security

--> Discrete Thunderbolt(TM) Configuration

** Thunderbolt Usb Support - Enabled
** GPIO3 Force Pwr - Enabled

--> DTBT Controller 0 Configuration

** DTBT Controller 0 - Enabled
** TBT Host Router - Two Port
Extra Bus Reserved. - 106
Reserved PMemory - 544
PMemory Alignment - 28
Reserved I/0 - 0

In System Report it appears: / Hardware / PCI aparecen: (Muestro captura de pantalla para más detalles)

- GC-Titan Ridge Thunderbolt 3 NHI
- GC-Titan Ridge USB-C

As I checked in https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...olt-3-i7-9700k-amd-rx-580.267551/#Thunderbolt , the Lacie D2 Thunderbolt is compatible with the Gigabyte Z390 Designare.

Your help is very much appreciated, Thank you all.

Regards,
Wiinilo

Captura de pantalla 2019-07-21 a las 18.25.10.png

Captura de pantalla 2019-07-21 a las 18.25.44.png

Captura de pantalla 2019-07-21 a las 18.33.44.png

Last edited:
Hey Wiinilo

Did you figure this out? I know it's been a while but I just setup same config and have the same issue as yours.

Hi Guys,

I just finished my first Hackintosh computer, I'm very happy with its operation, all components work except my LaCie d2 Thunderbolt 2 4TB drive because the 2 Thunderbolt 3 ports built into my Gibabyte Z390 Designare (rev.1.0, Bios V F6) I think they are not installed correctly.

The Lacie d2 is connected to the motherboard via TB2 to TB3 adapter but its blue light flashes continuously without actually starting its internal hard drive.

My Hackintosh PcSetup: SMBIOS iMacPro1,1 on Majve 10.15.5 (Z390 Designare + i9 9900k + Radio RX 580 + 2x Corsair 16MB - 3200 Mhz + EVGA Supernova G2 850W 80 Plus Gold Modular.

The configuration/Setup Bios is: (Gibabyte Z390 Designare, Rea 1.1 & Bios V.F6)

Peripherals (Main Menu)

--> Thunderbol(TM) Configuration

** Discrete Thunderbolt (TM) Support - Enabled
** TBT Vt-d base security - Disabled
** Thunderbolt Boot Support - Disabled
** Wake From Thunderbolt(TM) Devices - Enabled
** Security Level - No Security

--> Discrete Thunderbolt(TM) Configuration

** Thunderbolt Usb Support - Enabled
** GPIO3 Force Pwr - Enabled

--> DTBT Controller 0 Configuration

** DTBT Controller 0 - Enabled
** TBT Host Router - Two Port
Extra Bus Reserved. - 106
Reserved PMemory - 544
PMemory Alignment - 28
Reserved I/0 - 0

In System Report it appears: / Hardware / PCI aparecen: (Muestro captura de pantalla para más detalles)

- GC-Titan Ridge Thunderbolt 3 NHI
- GC-Titan Ridge USB-C

As I checked in https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...olt-3-i7-9700k-amd-rx-580.267551/#Thunderbolt , the Lacie D2 Thunderbolt is compatible with the Gigabyte Z390 Designare.

Your help is very much appreciated, Thank you all.

Regards,
Wiinilo

Same as above, it is not a hardware malfunction as the thunderbolt ports work in windows. Also had a 2018 mac mini connected thru thunderbolt to hackintosh computer and it saw it while in windows.

Hi, I notice you have USBInjectAll AND USBPorts kexts. I think if you have done USBPorts with hackintool, USBInjectAll is no longuer necessary. I have ordored Z390 and i will see is there is TB issue when I get it But I have issue with TB on my Z170 designare. The solution for me was to made another USBPorts kext from the beginning (USBInjectAll, USB port limit patch, hackintool to make the kext) after placing kext in clover remove USBInjectAll and disable USB port limit patch.

Has anyone made any headway on this - I followed @CaseySJ very carefully and still can't get these working?

@rogers76 did you get a chance to try this out. my current Hack is pretty similar to your second build.

Some Thunderbolt devices will not work unless Thunderbolt Bus is activated by flashing the firmware. However, someone was able to use his Lacie D2 Thunderbolt 2 device by connecting it to a Thunderbolt daisy-chain port on his LaCie 2Big, and connecting the 2Big directly to the Designare.

Consider the following options:
  • Connect LaCie D2 through a dock such as Belkin Thunderbolt 3 Express Dock HD.
  • Flash the Thunderbolt firmware -- only if you're comfortable with the process and have excellent near vision.
  • Consider an OWC Thunderbolt 3 hard drive enclosure instead of the LaDie D2.

Thanks @CaseySJ - is there a link for flashing the TB3 firmware?

Alternatively, is there potentially something amiss with my USB SSDT stack?

Thanks @CaseySJ - is there a link for flashing the TB3 firmware?

Alternatively, is there potentially something amiss with my USB SSDT stack?
The latest OpenCore 0.6.2 EFI for Z390 Designare was posted here yesterday. It includes USB SSDT:

Regarding Thunderbolt firmware flashing, please see post #1 in that thread; specifically the Quick Reference to Mini-Guides and Micro-Guides, section 8. For Z390 Designare, the best device to use for flashing is the Arcelli CH341a. It provides the necessary 3.3V on all pins when the jumpers are configured as described in the Arcelli mini-guide.

The latest OpenCore 0.6.2 EFI for Z390 Designare was posted here yesterday. It includes USB SSDT:

Regarding Thunderbolt firmware flashing, please see post #1 in that thread; specifically the Quick Reference to Mini-Guides and Micro-Guides, section 8. For Z390 Designare, the best device to use for flashing is the Arcelli CH341a. It provides the necessary 3.3V on all pins when the jumpers are configured as described in the Arcelli mini-guide.

Do you recommend OpenCore these days? I've stuck with Clover, but not married to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back