Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z390 Designare + i5-8600K - Good idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z68MX-UD2H-B3
CPU
i5-2500K
Graphics
GTX 760
So I built my first Hackintosh back in 2011 and it has been working great and have been upgrade it up to Mojave. I recently have had a bunch of the SATA ports stop working and when I put a new 5TB drive on it with a SATA-USB adapter it's seen as only 600GB, so I was thinking it might be time to update my machine.

I was going to do the Mac Pro build suggested here with the Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming Wifi mobo and i5-8600K and RX 580 graphics card. Before the mobo got shipped I saw posts here where many people were not having good experiences with it so I cancelled it, but I have the processor, video card and memory already.

So I am thinking that maybe I should take the plunge and go for the Gigabyte Z390 Designare and stick with the i5-8600K. Then I will have the ability later on to upgrade the processor in the future. There have been a few posts of success with this mobo but with the i9 and i7 processors.

Do you guys think that I should be able to still follow these guides while using the i5 or might I run into some sort of other issues or something? I do like tinkering with my hackintosh, but I am not looking for something that will take me 6 months to get it up and running.

Or....could you guys recommend a solid motherboard to go with this processor?

Thanks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.