Intel i9 10980xe 18 Cores 36 Threads
Graphics
AMD RX 5700XT 8GB Sapphire
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi,

as you already read from the title I'm struggling to understand how to reach 128gb ram with Gigabyte Z390 Designare.
I'm projecting a configuration for music production and mixing in the box, so this motherboard is perfect thanks to:
2 M.2 Slots, 2 Thunderbolt 3 ports, and 128GB Ram
( the max ram is declared in the manufacturer's site > Gigabyte Z390 Designare ).

this is the fictitious current configuration, I still have some doubts, that I've signed with ( ??? )

CPU > i9 9900K
RAM > 4x Crucial 32GB DDR4-2666 LRDIMM ( ??? ) OR 4x Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR42666-MHz C16
MB > Gigabyte Z390 Designare
SSD > 970EVO M.2 2tb ( ??? )
CPU COOLER > Alphacool Eisbaer LT360 ( ??? )
PWS > EVGA SuperNOVA 750G2, 80+ Gold 750W ( ??? )
CASE > Corsair Carbide 275R WHITE

can someone help me? as I am new to the Hackintosh world...

thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Hi,

as you already read from the title I'm struggling to understand how to reach 128gb ram with Gigabyte Z390 Designare.
I'm projecting a configuration for music production and mixing in the box, so this motherboard is perfect thanks to:
2 M.2 Slots, 2 Thunderbolt 3 ports, and 128GB Ram
( the max ram is declared in the manufacturer's site > Gigabyte Z390 Designare ).

this is the fictitious current configuration, I still have some doubts, that I've signed with ( ??? )

CPU > i9 9900K
RAM > 4x Crucial 32GB DDR4-2666 LRDIMM ( ??? ) OR 4x Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR42666-MHz C16
MB > Gigabyte Z390 Designare
SSD > 970EVO M.2 2tb ( ??? )
CPU COOLER > Alphacool Eisbaer LT360 ( ??? )
PWS > EVGA SuperNOVA 750G2, 80+ Gold 750W ( ??? )
CASE > Corsair Carbide 275R WHITE

can someone help me? as I am new to the Hackintosh world...

thanks in advance!

To reach 128GB RAM you will need to use 32GB DDR4 RAM sticks (which may not be widely available yet), otherwise you can only have a maximum of 64GB RAM using 16GB DDR4 RAM sticks. You will also need updated BIOS (F6 or later for the Z390 Designare) to support them.

Hi Mr. Bond,

so you're telling me that I need to update the BIOS of the MoBo to have the possibility to host 128gb of ram?

Here, you can find the complete configuration, and as you can see, 1x32gb ram ddr4 2666ghz is available
https://www.amazon.it/hz/wishlist/ls/374Q6TF2K7CHV?ref_=wl_share

Yes, you may need to. This page :

Under the F6 BIOS description, it says "Support 32G UDIMM".

You need to be sure the motherboard BIOS is already at F6 or above. If you buy it now, chances are the updated BIOS is already installed at the factory, but it won't hurt to be sure.

32GB RAM recognize but stuck at end random seed

Could you or someone finally get the 128GB RAM to work?

Hi. I have this motherboad running Mac OS Catalina and Windows 10 with two 32GB ram sticks, Corsair Vengance LPX (CMK64GX4M2D3600C18).
I have firmware 8 on the Designare, and use latest Clover to make it a Hackintosh.

I have been watching this thread to see if anyone had success with four sticks :)
I run my Clover with the XMP activated, but I have no insight in how to confirm that they run @ 3600 MHz in Catalina, they do so in Windows 10 obviously.
I tried to combine them with two of my previous 8Gb ram sticks (same make, same MHz, same model) to get 80GB, but the system didn’t start with 32x2 + 8x2.

^ That's great to hear!

I will be keeping my eye on this thread as well to see if anyone has had nay luck with running 4x 32GB sticks.

Hi. I have this motherboad running Mac OS Catalina and Windows 10 with two 32GB ram sticks, Corsair Vengance LPX (CMK64GX4M2D3600C18).
I have firmware 8 on the Designare, and use latest Clover to make it a Hackintosh.

I have been watching this thread to see if anyone had success with four sticks :)
I run my Clover with the XMP activated, but I have no insight in how to confirm that they run @ 3600 MHz in Catalina, they do so in Windows 10 obviously.
I tried to combine them with two of my previous 8Gb ram sticks (same make, same MHz, same model) to get 80GB, but the system didn’t start with 32x2 + 8x2.

Hello Kitewinds,
I have a similar configuration but I'm running Mojave 10.14.6 with clover and the same 2x 32gb of ram.
I had 2x16 before and I decided to replace them with 2x32gb.
The only way to boot in MacOs for me was mapping the ram in clover configurator as 4x16gb instead of 2x32gb. And it worked fine.

Before send back the 2x16gb I have been able to boot the system with 96gb of ram (2x32gb + 2x64gb)
I needed to map the ram in Clover configurator as 6x16gb + 2 empty slots (8 slot in total instead of 4.)

Since the upgrade the system looks working fine however I have a specific app, After effects, that crashes quite often since that time. Have you experienced any problem or system instability or something else using 2x32gb?
Did you map the ram as well in clover or you didn't need to do so?
I'm wondering if my problem is caused by the strange clover ram remapping or maybe by a faulty in the ram or even something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back