Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z390 Designare 128GB RAM Massive Configuration Doubts :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Kitewinds,
I have a similar configuration but I'm running Mojave 10.14.6 with clover and the same 2x 32gb of ram.
I had 2x16 before and I decided to replace them with 2x32gb.
The only way to boot in MacOs for me was mapping the ram in clover configurator as 4x16gb instead of 2x32gb. And it worked fine.

Before send back the 2x16gb I have been able to boot the system with 96gb of ram (2x32gb + 2x64gb)
I needed to map the ram in Clover configurator as 6x16gb + 2 empty slots (8 slot in total instead of 4.)

Since the upgrade the system looks working fine however I have a specific app, After effects, that crashes quite often since that time. Have you experienced any problem or system instability or something else using 2x32gb?
Did you map the ram as well in clover or you didn't need to do so?
I'm wondering if my problem is caused by the strange clover ram remapping or maybe by a faulty in the ram or even something else.
I didn’t need to map them, which was fortunate as I do not know how to do that :)
I have seen no stability issues with the two 32 GB sticks.
I made my first Hackintosh back in 2005, but I never really learned anything. I‘m too slow with understand coding and allergic to large blocks of text, so I will probably just problem solve whatever comes up (as I always do, it’s a curse ;))

I saw that Clover configuator didn’t list 32 GB modules, only 16 GB. But my current status there is just blank, so I leave it so as I did not need to edit that line.
Feeling lucky the other day, and beaten blue of working with only 64 GB RAM for months, I picked up another pair of 32’s, same type (CMK64GX4M2D3600C18). Plugged them in and... nothing but the dots shows up at catalina “boot”, then it just sits forever and nothing happens.

Windows 10 works fine with these 128 GB, my XMP is set at standard values, 3600. Not so snappy, but I can now to work a bit more efficient with a bit bigger images. But I really want to use all 4 sticks in Catalina too.

I am pretty sure this will be solved in updated clover. There is not such issue with OpenCore too :)
Would you recommend switching to OC when having RAM issues? I can't seem to make my 32gb modules work... (Sorry, I know I'm late to the party)

I didn’t need to map them, which was fortunate as I do not know how to do that :)
I have seen no stability issues with the two 32 GB sticks.
I made my first Hackintosh back in 2005, but I never really learned anything. I‘m too slow with understand coding and allergic to large blocks of text, so I will probably just problem solve whatever comes up (as I always do, it’s a curse ;))

I saw that Clover configuator didn’t list 32 GB modules, only 16 GB. But my current status there is just blank, so I leave it so as I did not need to edit that line.
Feeling lucky the other day, and beaten blue of working with only 64 GB RAM for months, I picked up another pair of 32’s, same type (CMK64GX4M2D3600C18). Plugged them in and... nothing but the dots shows up at catalina “boot”, then it just sits forever and nothing happens.

Windows 10 works fine with these 128 GB, my XMP is set at standard values, 3600. Not so snappy, but I can now to work a bit more efficient with a bit bigger images. But I really want to use all 4 sticks in Catalina too.
Since a few months ago I now successfully run all four sticks in Mac OS Catalina. Since e few week the same in Big Sur 11.4.1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back