Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z390 AORUS Ultra i9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Try to avoid using OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi.

Please try the attached EFI.
I have to chime in here, I couldn't use ANYthing other than the free2000.efi driver... until I removed a bunch of other drivers I'm not using (FileVault2) and switched back to FakeSMC. Not sure what did the trick (and I don't really have time for 15 reboot cycles to test ATM) but AptioMemoryFix.efi seems to be working fine for me now. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I have to chime in here, I couldn't use ANYthing other than the free2000.efi driver... until I removed a bunch of other drivers I'm not using (FileVault2) and switched back to FakeSMC. Not sure what did the trick (and I don't really have time for 15 reboot cycles to test ATM) but AptioMemoryFix.efi seems to be working fine for me now. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Please upload your EFI folder or its screen capture in fully opened view.
    • To quote the Late President Ronald Reagan :"Trust, but verify"[ or Doveryai, no proveryai.]

• Please upload your EFI folder or its screen capture in fully opened view.
    • To quote the Late President Ronald Reagan :"Trust, but verify"[ or Doveryai, no proveryai.]
  1. I'm on an AORUS PRO WIFI (YMMV)
  2. My Clover folder (minus "sensitive" information from clover.config)

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    9.8 MB · Views: 86
  1. I'm on an AORUS PRO WIFI (YMMV)
  2. My Clover folder (minus "sensitive" information from clover.config)
oddless,
  • I really appreciate your kind response uploading the evidence to support your post. Thank you very much
  • This is going to help a lot of folks who own a Z390 Board and contemplating on installing macOSMojave both as a caution and and helpful tip.
  • I also noted you have several ACPI SSDT.aml in your ACPI/Patched. Obviously this will be a daunting task for the newbies.
  • To be useful to newbies starting with only access to one's own RealMac or from a personal contact and this MoBo and an Intel 9th Generation Processor (code named Coffee Lake) with associated Intel UHD Graphics 630, is it fair to say that they just cannot depend entirely on the Unibeast Method to install macOSMojave and boot with the created USB Installer and the recommended BIOS options and NO verbose Boot and expect to reach the macOS Utilities_Disk Utility Screen to find their Target Hard disk to Erase and start Installation?
  • I think you are making the same points I have been emphasizing for many months through my unpinned Post :https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ave-installation-and-posting-for-help.276352/ and many responses to those seeking help for an Intel 390 Series of boards that this one like the predecessor,Intel X99 Board, needs a different EFI file during installation. Without OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi , the Installer Disk won't progress from Clover Boot Manager Screen crashing with various shades of Memory Mapping errors.
  • In my case I removed everything from PCIE Sockets, all but one device on SATA port (Target SSD or HDD) , bare minimum on USB ports to see if the Installer would boot with OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi; but the error persisted.
  • I changed BIOS to the latest to no avail.
  • I replaced the OsxAptioFix EFIs one after the other in that series and finally I was forced to use OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi , to boot and install the system.
  • I changed it to OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi , in the post install macOSMojave System HDD's CLOVER and it booted OK for several reboots.
  • But, when I installed macOS Mojave 10.14.6 Supplemental Update and rebooted, the pesky "Error Allocating ...: Could not allocate runtime area" message appeared on the Boot screen repeatedly even on forced reboots, hoping to clear it and proceed.
  • The only way I could boot was to bring my Modified USB Installer Disk to reach CBM screen and switch to the Mojave System Disk to reach the Desktop and finally install the OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi.
    • I must add that just before I updated , I had installed Fenvi PCIE WiFi card and a USB 3.0 PCIE Card. I was wondering whether that contributed to the resurgence of the Memory Mapping error.
  • I subsequently tried newest Catalina Beta 6 on a separate SSD, and I had to go trough the same errors and fixes and I got it running using, you guessed it, OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi in drivers64UEFI
  • Since this system is still on my Test Bench, I will be trying to change the contents of drivers64UEFI like you have done and add my own findings to this thread.
  • Once again , I thank you immensely for your words of wisdom added to this thread.
Edited:

• I tested the above on my Catalina Beta 6 SSD which also needed OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi and EmuVariableUefi-64.efi in drivers64UEFI and [√]Slide=0 in config.plist Boot for its installation and I had pasted the same EFI from USB to boot this System Disk.
  • I installed CLOVER EFI Bootloader 5027 and replaced its OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi with OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi with no other changes and the System booted perfectly.
  • I confirmed the stability with multiple flawless reboots

As you have stated, Intel 390 Series of Motherboards need OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi for installation.
In Post_Installation OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi
can be replaced with OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi which has a long track record for Motherboard safety

Attachments

• 1.ACPI.png
    1.ACPI.png
    234.5 KB · Views: 87
  • 2.ACPI 2.png
    2.ACPI 2.png
    194.5 KB · Views: 77
  • 3.Boot.png
    3.Boot.png
    159.4 KB · Views: 84
  • 4.Devices.png
    4.Devices.png
    173.8 KB · Views: 79
  • 5.Gui.png
    5.Gui.png
    150.3 KB · Views: 64
  • 6.Graphics.png
    6.Graphics.png
    141.8 KB · Views: 65
  • 7.kernel and Kext Patches.png
    7.kernel and Kext Patches.png
    220.5 KB · Views: 62
  • 8.Rt Variables.png
    8.Rt Variables.png
    154 KB · Views: 57
  • 9.SMBIOS.png
    9.SMBIOS.png
    182.4 KB · Views: 63
  • 10.System Parameters.png
    10.System Parameters.png
    127.8 KB · Views: 72
  • 1.EFI_CLOVER File Tree macOSMojave SSD _same as USB Installer.png
    1.EFI_CLOVER File Tree macOSMojave SSD _same as USB Installer.png
    369.2 KB · Views: 76
  • 2.EFI_CLOVER FileTree Replaced OsxAptioFixDrv2-free2000.efi.png
    2.EFI_CLOVER FileTree Replaced OsxAptioFixDrv2-free2000.efi.png
    288.5 KB · Views: 75
  • 3.CLOVER File Tree after OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi.png
    3.CLOVER File Tree after OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi.png
    444.3 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:
Once again thank for all your help last time all is work well had change the graphics card to a Nvidia Quadro K6000 As the last card was not compatible with AutoCAD flame
with the new card installed apple is not detecting how much RAM it has even though NVIDIA Webb is installed what's happening is flame keeps on crashing but the Apple Mac itself is not it's just a flame AutoCAD reckon it was the graphics card which now is the compatible graphics card but I'm getting better results but it's still crashing some guidance in the right direction will be much appreciated once again thank you for your previous help

Right affect the memory issue by installing cuda nvidia and nvidia web but I still have problems that flame keeps on freezing or crashing and the screen keeps on going down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back