intel core i5 9600k
Graphics
Gigabyte Vega 56
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi, I’ve successfully build my second Hackintosh. It’s running smoothly as expected but there’s an issue with shutting down the computer. Every time I shutdown it’s end with a restart, every time.
I Don’t know how to fix this. If there’s anyone can help that’ll be highly appreciated. EFI Included.

The Build-
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Wifi
Core i5 9600k
Gigabyte Vega 56
16GB Ram 3200
650W PSU

Attachments

• config.zip
    2.5 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_0723.jpeg
    IMG_0723.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 249
Hi, I’ve successfully build my second Hackintosh. It’s running smoothly as expected but there’s an issue with shutting down the computer. Every time I shutdown it’s end with a restart, every time.
I Don’t know how to fix this. If there’s anyone can help that’ll be highly appreciated. EFI Included.

The Build-
Core i5 9600k
Gigabyte Vega 56
16GB Ram 3200
650W PSU

did you find a solution for this? I am struggling with the same issue on Catalina

The Build-
Core i5 9600k
Gigabyte Vega 56
16GB Ram 3200
650W PSU

I'm struggling also, except mine goes into kernel panic whenever I try to shutdown and restart. My BIOS settings seem to be the same as yours.

Previous posts have said that enabling FixShutdown in config.plist and adding EmuVariableFix.efi to /EFI/CLOVER/drivers/UEFI has a positive impact on this problem.

Previous posts have said that enabling FixShutdown in config.plist and adding EmuVariableFix.efi to /EFI/CLOVER/drivers/UEFI has a positive impact on this problem.
Hi
In my Case it works!
but having a strange Issue with Booting. Some times it shows prohibited sign, Not booting and sometimes computer starts with no issue.

thank u so much!

Hi
In my Case it works!
but having a strange Issue with Booting. Some times it shows prohibited sign, Not booting and sometimes computer starts with no issue.

thank u so much!
I had this problem too but I uninstalled EmuVariableUEFI.efi after and it works just fine. I can boot into the OS ever since and no problem for the shutdown at all!

This is my first hackintosh build and it seems to be working fine except for the "restarts instead of shutting down" problem as described above.

Unfortunately, I'm really not sure how to use clover or multibeast in reconfiguring, installing, or uninstalling things after I have done my original installation.

I have a dual OS machine with Catalina on a 1TB SSD and Windows 10 on a 500GB M.2 NVME card. Shutting down works fine on the Windows side of things.

My gear is:
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro
Intel Core i5 9500
Sapphire Radeon RX 580 8GB Pulse Video Card
Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 32 GB DDR4-3000 CL15 Memory
1TB Samsung 860 SSD
500GB Samsung 970 M.2 NVME card
Rosewill RNX-AC1900PCE WiFi PCI Express Adapter
IOGear bluetooth dongle

Any help in pointing me in the right direction of taking care of the issue would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_6780.jpg
    IMG_6780.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 79
Okay, I figured out how to use Clover Configurator and used it to try the fixes suggested above. They didn't work and, in the bargain, caused my Hackintosh to either freeze up or boot into my Windows drive. I did then use my Catalina install flashdrive to boot into Catalina to return the config file back to its original form.

So, other than the shutdown problem, my Hackintosh seems to work perfectly. Maybe I'll just have to live with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back