Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Wifi + Gigabyte GC-Titan Ridge Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two more suggestions:
  • Enable CSM Support in BIOS.
  • Enable Above 4G Decoding in BIOS.
Also, which SMBIOS name are you using? If it's iMacPro then iGPU must be disabled because Intel Xeon processors do not contain built-in GPUs. But for iMac and MacMini the iGPU ought to work! :)

iMac19,1

Every time I enable 4G Decoding, my mobo actually thinks it wants to boot up with legacy BIOS... it's made me laugh a few times ;) I'll give the CSM Support a shot, though I think that's already on.

Try this. Remove the 0x02 from the devices. If you are on iMac, it will still run the iGPU headless. The clover line just assignes the HDMI port, which I've found to be hit or miss anyway when you are using a dGPU.

Noted, will try this. Thanks!

Also, if you are getting Allocation errors, try running the iGPU with the lowest settings in bios. I think that's 64/128. The fixes I have in my clover folder was the only way for me to be able to reliable boot into Windows (straight, not with clover) and Mac. With the Aptios-fix-2000 it would work until I switched back and forth with Windows. I'm using AptioFix3 with EmuVariable (which everyone says won't work, but it's the only way for my system to run reliably boot after boot).

It's crazy, that's how I ran my system on 10.14.4 and prior. When Apple released 10.14.5 this option stopped working for me with iGPU enabled. I kept getting allocation errors. Having EMU with Aptio fix 3 is having the best luck for me now.

Same. I am having better overall system stability with fix3, and I was using fix2-2000 before 10.14.5 too. I think maybe they updated fix3 in Clover recently? Might be worth a look. Yeah, after trying fix2-2000 I am back on fix3. With the former, sleep stopped working. However am I not supposed to use EmuVariable and fix2-2000 at the same time?

However am I not supposed to use EmuVariable and fix2-2000 at the same time?
I was getting pushback from other members who were saying it would cause issues as they are both trying to fix the same thing. We all chaulked it up to the fact that they were on Z370 and we are on Z390.

Well I tried everything, and I am still having the same issue when Titan Ridge card is installed + iGPU Enabled.

I seem to remember there may have been different versions of OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi. Can anyone confirm whether or not that's true?

Oh shoot, I just got it!!!

I had upgraded to the latest BIOS which apparently has an issue with the Above 4G Decoding setting. I reverted back to F6, enabled Above 4G Decoding, installed OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000 w/ EmuVariable, set my iGPU mem settings to minimum, and viola :)

Thanks for the help! I am now going to strip everything back to see exactly what it was / wasn't. Have a feeling that a few of those settings changes may have been unnecessary.

Thx again.

EDIT: Booted into W10, and upon going back to macOS hung up during boot. Not out of the woods yet- but definitely getting closer.

Last edited:
It may be a good idea to reset CMOS just as a way of "detoxifying" the system. The procedure for your motherboard may require shorting two pins with a flat-head screwdriver. I did this recently on the Designare to recover from some accumulated nasties. One should check BIOS version and all BIOS parameters after the reset.

It may be a good idea to reset CMOS just as a way of "detoxifying" the system. The procedure for your motherboard may require shorting two pins with a flat-head screwdriver. I did this recently on the Designare to recover from some accumulated nasties. One should check BIOS version and all BIOS parameters after the reset.

I have become very accustomed to the CMOS reset! So accustomed, in fact, that I got tired of shorting those two pins with a screwdriver (mainly because my dGPU is in the way). I soldered an old PCB button mounted to a 20mm square proto board to a 2 conductor JST pigtail that attaches right on the CMOS reset pins, and now I have a very well hidden button on the bottom of my case. It has been very handy.

It looks like the pertinent settings to get GC Titan Ridge AIC + iGPU + Aorus Pro Z390 + 10.14.5 were:

UEFI drivers:
OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000

BIOS:
Version = F6 (F10 did not work)
Internal Graphics = Enabled
GPU Memory settings = 32/128
Above 4G Encoding = Enabled
CSM Support was enabled by default and has been left enabled.

Anyone have any luck getting audio to work with the 5k panel? Sometimes if I'm lucky and boot up it will work.

If I go to sleep though, or randomly when the screen goes black and I have to re-plug it, I lose in speaker audio and webcam.

@CaseySJ Here is the IOReg
And EFI
Here are 3 posts from 3 users with successful ThunderBay 4 connection (on Designare Z390). The ThunderBay 4 should therefore work on your system. There's nothing specific in the Z390 system that would affect ThunderBay connectivity, so it's rather puzzling that it's not being recognized in your system.
  • Does it work under Windows?
  • Does it require a firmware update or driver of some kind?
  • Does it work on a real Mac?
  • Is the Thunderbolt 3 cable known to be good?
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...9700k-amd-rx-580.267551/page-697#post-1995445

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...9700k-amd-rx-580.267551/page-330#post-1938028

Dear all, from what I've read, I don't quite understand if anyone with a z390 aorus pro wifi managed to get the titan ridge to work. My config is: Z390 Aorus Pro Wifi, I9 9900KF, Radeon RX5700XT. I'm trying to make the Apple Cinema Display work as I have a beautiful converted g5 tower and looks amazing with the apple display. Please let me know, thank you, Corinne.

Firstly - thanks heaps to @CaseySJ, @blouse, @psedog for your great discussion, guides and tips (and other threads!).

I've been Hackintoshing for as long as it's been a thing, but everything keeps changing so rapidly it's tough to keep up!

I'm on the GB Z390 Pro WiFi with an Alpine Ridge card for TB3 (I kept it from a 270 board) running multiple UAD Audio interfaces in a TB chain. Previously on my 270 board my TB3 devices worked flawlessly, provided I turned them on just after booting the computer.

My issue isn't major - it's just annoying.

It seems to detect the TB3 card (in PCI devices in Sys Profiler) and successfully connect the UAD devices via TB3 every *second boot*.

So, I power up the UAD devices, turn on the computer, and it fails to detect them. I reboot (leaving them turned on) and it works. Or, I shut down, start up a second time and it works.

I'm using what I believe to be the most recent aml supplied by @CaseySJ for the z390 with the 'Alpine Ridge' name in it.

Anyone experienced anything similar?

F10 BIOS, Mojave 10.14.6, iMac 19,1 definition.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back