Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Wifi + Gigabyte GC-Titan Ridge Help

Does anyone have the GC titan ridge card and iGPU working in headless mode?

I can't seem to get both working simultaneously. Out of ideas @CaseySJ, if you have any they are much appreciated!
Some questions:
  1. What do you mean by "not working simultaneously"? What symptoms or issues are you seeing?
  2. Are you connecting one of the Vega ports to the DP-In on the Titan Ridge AIC?
  3. With Mojave 10.14.5, are you using platform ID 0x3E980003?

Does this work repeatedly with hard boots directly into macOS?

Yeah, I just tested it with two 10-minute each hard boots directly into macOS, pulling the power cable and everything. Boots up normally.

Some questions:
  1. What do you mean by "not working simultaneously"? What symptoms or issues are you seeing?
  2. Are you connecting one of the Vega ports to the DP-In on the Titan Ridge AIC?
  3. With Mojave 10.14.5, are you using platform ID 0x3E980003?

The symptom is I get an allocation error just after booting into macOS when I have iGPU=Enabled in BIOS as well as the GC TR card installed. Even setting TB=Disabled in BIOS gives the same result if iGPU=Enabled in BIOS.

I tried connecting one of the Vega ports to the DP-In on the AIC, but no bueno.

I am using @psedog's device/properties settings from his config file so it's actually patched to 0x3E9B0007, which works fine when the TR AIC is uninstalled. Perplexing.

The symptom is I get an allocation error just after booting into macOS when I have iGPU=Enabled in BIOS as well as the GC TR card installed. Even setting TB=Disabled in BIOS gives the same result if iGPU=Enabled in BIOS.

I tried connecting one of the Vega ports to the DP-In on the AIC, but no bueno.

I am using @psedog's device/properties settings from his config file so it's actually patched to 0x3E9B0007, which works fine when the TR AIC is uninstalled. Perplexing.
Regarding the allocation error, do you see that right away during the early boot process? Something like "Couldn't allocate runtime area"?

If so, are you using OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi (and "slide=0" boot argument) instead of AptioMemoryFix in drivers64UEFI folder?

Regarding the allocation error, do you see that right away during the early boot process? Something like "Couldn't allocate runtime area"?

Yeah pretty much right away. Apple logo is up for a split second. "Error allocating 0x11c46 pages at ###### type 2"

If so, are you using OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi (and "slide=0" boot argument) instead of AptioMemoryFix in drivers64UEFI folder?

I am using OsxAptioFix3Drv.efi

In the process of repatching framebuffer with 0x3E980003 platform ID to see if that clears it up.

Last edited:
Yeah pretty much right away. Apple logo is up for a split second. "Error allocating 0x11c46 pages at ###### type 2"

I am using OsxAptioFix3Drv.efi

In the process of repatching framebuffer with 0x3E9B0007 platform ID to see if that clears it up.
On Gigabyte Z390 motherboards, the only one that works reliably is OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000 in combination with “slide=0”.

I can get it to boot into OS X with OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000 & slide=0 with a fresh CMOS reset (and an unactivated Titan Ridge AIC).

But then as soon as I activate in W10 and warm boot into OSX, I get a hang at "Start ReadKernelCache".

I did get 0x3E980003 patched successfully but it made no difference, nor did the DP-In cable.

The (activated) Titan Ridge card is somehow conflicting with the iGPU.

Hey @CaseySJ, also meant to say thanks for all of the super responsiveness :)

I can get it to boot into OS X with OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000 & slide=0 with a fresh CMOS reset (and an unactivated Titan Ridge AIC).

But then as soon as I activate in W10 and warm boot into OSX, I get a hang at "Start ReadKernelCache".

I did get 0x3E980003 patched successfully but it made no difference, nor did the DP-In cable.

The (activated) Titan Ridge card is somehow conflicting with the iGPU.
Two more suggestions:
  • Enable CSM Support in BIOS.
  • Enable Above 4G Decoding in BIOS.
Also, which SMBIOS name are you using? If it's iMacPro then iGPU must be disabled because Intel Xeon processors do not contain built-in GPUs. But for iMac and MacMini the iGPU ought to work! :)

Does anyone have the GC titan ridge card and iGPU working in headless mode?

I can't seem to get both working simultaneously. Out of ideas @CaseySJ, if you have any they are much appreciated!
Try this. Remove the 0x02 from the devices. If you are on iMac, it will still run the iGPU headless. The clover line just assignes the HDMI port, which I've found to be hit or miss anyway when you are using a dGPU.

Also, if you are getting Allocation errors, try running the iGPU with the lowest settings in bios. I think that's 64/128. The fixes I have in my clover folder was the only way for me to be able to reliable boot into Windows (straight, not with clover) and Mac. With the Aptios-fix-2000 it would work until I switched back and forth with Windows. I'm using AptioFix3 with EmuVariable (which everyone says won't work, but it's the only way for my system to run reliably boot after boot).

On Gigabyte Z390 motherboards, the only one that works reliably is OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000 in combination with “slide=0”.
It's crazy, that's how I ran my system on 10.14.4 and prior. When Apple released 10.14.5 this option stopped working for me with iGPU enabled. I kept getting allocation errors. Having EMU with Aptio fix 3 is having the best luck for me now.

Last edited:
Back