Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Wifi + Gigabyte GC-Titan Ridge Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Afternoon All,

@CaseySJ, I didn't want to slam your thread with this so, here I go. I have Thunderbolt option in my bios now, I also have it showing up in my Windows. Here is where I am running into problems on the Mac side.

1. I have installed the two aml files in EFI-Clover-APCI-Patched. (Please see attachment 1)
  2. In the System Report under PCI, I don't see GC-Titan Ridge, but I do see pcic0a9,2263. (Please see attachment 2)
  3. After reading this thread a few times, and looking at @MACAK 's IOReg file and looking at the post below, I looked at my IOReg, and saw my Nvme in the RP21@18,4 hive. (Please see attachment 3)

View attachment 401976
View attachment 401977

I appreciate any thoughts, and yes your mobo looks a lot cheaper right about now!!!
Thunderbolt is alive and well on your system, but it's living under RP05. Therefore, please try the attached SSDT. You may continue to use the existing SSDT-DTPG.aml. Both must be copied to CLOVER/ACPI/patched.

Screen Shot 2019-04-26 at 9.26.21 AM.png

Attachments

• SSDT-Z390-RP05-SLOT4-TB3HP.aml
    6.2 KB · Views: 124
@CaseySJ Thank you so much it's showing up where it's supposed to! (Please See Attachments)

Screen Shot 2019-04-26 at 12.49.17.pngScreen Shot 2019-04-26 at 12.47.41.png

My system seems golden now. If I can ask a few questions here, or if I need to ask them in your thread please let me know.
  • Does leaving the Windows SSD attached disrupt anything, other than putting icons in Clover that can't be used?
  • The Mac keeps telling me the Computer Name is in use and adding a new number at the end.
  • (Computer Name - iMac Pro (6)) Any ideas?)
Again thank you so much for all that you do for this community, I have learned a great deal thanks to you.

@CaseySJ Thank you so much it's showing up where it's supposed to! (Please See Attachments)

View attachment 401995View attachment 401996

My system seems golden now. If I can ask a few questions here, or if I need to ask them in your thread please let me know.
  • Does leaving the Windows SSD attached disrupt anything, other than putting icons in Clover that can't be used?
  • The Mac keeps telling me the Computer Name is in use and adding a new number at the end.
Again thank you so much for all that you do for this community, I have learned a great deal thanks to you.
The thing about iMac Pro (choose your number) may reflect each time you have created a new install of MacOs for iMac Pro? You can go to iCloud.com, sign in, Find My iPhone, click on "All Devices" at the top of the screen and it will show you all of the iMac Pro's and any other device that is active or not. You can delete the devices that are not active.

View attachment 401995View attachment 401996

You can keep the stinking:sick: Windows drive if you want, will not effect anything except for the amount of time wasted playing Windows only games ;)

@elfcake thank you, the only reason I was asking about keeping the Windows drive, is because I read in @CaseySJ thread that if you do a complete power down, ie removing the power cord, you have to go back to Windows to reactivate the Ridge Card, I could be wrong though. Thoughts?
Could be, have not tried that. Not really tempted to mess with what is running perfectly. (I know, unusual circumstance, right?)

Wonderful -- glad to hear it, and thanks for sharing a little of your world with us! It's fascinating to see people here from all walks of life and across all continents.

The two Thunderbolt SSDTs should be copied because they allow hot-plug. In other words, your Thunderbolt devices probably will not work unless they are connected and powered on before computer starts. If you unplug them and re-plug them, they might not reconnect -- hence it's a good idea to use the two SSDTs.

System Information will display your devices in the PCI section, but not in the Thunderbolt section. This is an issue on every Hackintosh.
Hiii y'all Great to see the tread is still running, and the Nitro Brew is still hot.. @CaseySJ :wave:

So my setup is still running, and all that...See video :D.

BUT.. the sound sounds distorted, or compressed. and max out the volume of my UAD Apollo Twin.. its weird... Anyone who got a clue why the internal output is so loud.. Ivel looked here..Link Apollo Guide

I was afraid the SSDT maybe would cause the issue?

Watch video here

Attachments

• apollotwin.jpg
    apollotwin.jpg
    181.4 KB · Views: 61
Hiii y'all Great to see the tread is still running, and the Nitro Brew is still hot.. @CaseySJ :wave:

So my setup is still running, and all that...See video :D.

BUT.. the sound sounds distorted, or compressed. and max out the volume of my UAD Apollo Twin.. its weird... Anyone who got a clue why the internal output is so loud.. Ivel looked here..Link Apollo Guide

I was afraid the SSDT maybe would cause the issue?

Watch video here
This sounds similar to an internal audio clicking noise reported by a handful of Designare users. They resolved the problem by enabling “Thunderbolt USB Support” in BIOS. If you have a similar option for the GC-Titan Ridge, see if that makes any difference.

P.S. The Nitro Brew is a cold coffee; not iced, just mildly refrigerated. :)

This sounds similar to an internal audio clicking noise reported by a handful of Designare users. They resolved the problem by enabling “Thunderbolt USB Support” in BIOS. If you have a similar option for the GC-Titan Ridge, see if that makes any difference.

P.S. The Nitro Brew is a cold coffee; not iced, just mildly refrigerated. :)
Cold enough to inhale it in a matter of 60 seconds flat WOO-HOO!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back