Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Wifi + Gigabyte GC-Titan Ridge Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
does or doesn't add ports? Will the PCIe USB card add ports?

No. It doesn't add ports. It will not add to the total port count that macOS sees.

It's a hub. It splits ports so multiple devices can use a single port.

No. It doesn't add ports. It will not add to the total port count that macOS sees.

It's a hub. It splits ports so multiple devices can use a single port.
I have Titan Ridge up an running! Thanks for your help on this and @CaseySJ too!

Awesome! Mission accomplished. Thread marked Solved.

I had left the SSDT’s in patched so the install was smooth. I have not tried to sleep the system yet.

Update, wake from sleep, no problems The USB 3.1c hard drive dock that disconnected when attached to the USB 3.1c is staying connected now that it is attached to Titan Ridge. Next stop OWC Thunderbay 4 RAID 5!

Good Afternoon All,

@CaseySJ, I didn't want to slam your thread with this so, here I go. I have Thunderbolt option in my bios now, I also have it showing up in my Windows. Here is where I am running into problems on the Mac side.

1. I have installed the two aml files in EFI-Clover-APCI-Patched. (Please see attachment 1)
  2. In the System Report under PCI, I don't see GC-Titan Ridge, but I do see pcic0a9,2263. (Please see attachment 2)
  3. After reading this thread a few times, and looking at @MACAK 's IOReg file and looking at the post below, I looked at my IOReg, and saw my Nvme in the RP21@18,4 hive. (Please see attachment 3)

First, I read somewhere that if I have an NVMe in the lowest slot, it shares system resources with the lowest PCIe slot. I removed it and now have internet in both TB ports, in Windows. The AIC now appears in BIOS.

No to device manager although I am thoroughly ignorant about Windows so it could be there and I would not know it.

HWINFO64?
Restarted into Mojave. I have Internet through the TB>Ethernet dongle. I have a USBc flash drive that appears in Windows but not in Mojave through the AIC. The AIC is not showing in System Info in Mojave.

Attachment 1.png
Attachment 2.png

I appreciate any thoughts, and yes your mobo looks a lot cheaper right about now!!!

Attachments

• Attachment 3.ioreg
    20.7 MB · Views: 102
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back