Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Wifi + Gigabyte GC-Titan Ridge Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
IT WORKS::: my APOLLO TWIN MK II... started without event using the SSDT... OMG:.
Thank you @CaseySJ . I've been so busy putting up Lighting for the nightclub having MK Marc Kinchen playing the club this Saturday.. the studio is running!:.

Here is the club

It docent show in System report... but it works in Ableton :)
its possible to use UA apollo X interfaces ?

Good plan! The GC-Titan Ridge is known to work with this SSDT so barring any unforeseen calamities, it should work with the same SSDT. Let us know how it goes...will be here to help if you need it.
Just realized that the Titan Ridge needs two PCIe connectors. I will need to remove two hard drives from the computer case and install them in a dock since all the PCIe power ports are in use... :crazy: All of this effort is to get more redundancy for data (photographs). I had one 8tb drive fail completely (I hate Seagate warrantee service) and a second HGST He8 (refurb the second of its kind to fail) that is failing. I will never use anything less than NAS Enterprise drives in the future (my studio manager read me the riot act for going with cheap drives instead of expensive reliable). The intent with all of this Sturm und Drang is to install a DAS Thunderbolt RAID 5 device for back ups to prevent this from happening again. Stay tuned!

Last edited:
Good plan! The GC-Titan Ridge is known to work with this SSDT so barring any unforeseen calamities, it should work with the same SSDT. Let us know how it goes...will be here to help if you need it.
Another query; I am reading about attaching the graphics card to the TB card (or the other way around?). Is this only used so one can use a Thunderbolt monitor? If not, what is the reason?

Another query; I am reading about attaching the graphics card to the TB card (or the other way around?). Is this only used so one can use a Thunderbolt monitor? If not, what is the reason?
Yes, this is only for Thunderbolt monitors and it's a just a way of stuffing the GPU's DisplayPort signal into a Thunderbolt cable!

Yes, this is only for Thunderbolt monitors and it's a just a way of stuffing the GPU's DisplayPort signal into a Thunderbolt cable!
@CaseySJ, Titan Ridge has been delivered. I pulled the extra drives out to the machine to have access to the PSU Peripheral power and removed the PCIe>SATA cable to install the PCIe cable splitter that Gigabyte supplied with the mobo only to find that the two six pins go into an eight pin. The two eight pins peripheral ports on the PSU are occupied by the RX 580. Can the Titan Ridge be used without the PCIe power supply? I see on Amazon there is a selection of adaptors and 6 pin to 6 pin cables. What do you think (Can this be an unforeseen calamity?). img_1989.jpg shows my attempt at creating a 6 pin by cutting off what I think would be the unnecessary pins. Will this work?

Attachments

• IMG_1988.JPG
    IMG_1988.JPG
    56.3 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_1989.JPG
    IMG_1989.JPG
    49.8 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
I have mine with a single PCI connector using all 8. Just an FYI it works.
but the two six pins that are attached to the card go into an eight pin that attaches to the PSU, correct? The Corsair RM750x has only 2 8 pin ports for PCIe power.

The Designare Z390 with built-in Titan Ridge is looking cheaper and cheaper by the minute!! :)

The Designare Z390 with built-in Titan Ridge is looking cheaper and cheaper by the minute!! :)
The adapters are inexpensive, will they work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back