Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Wifi + Gigabyte GC-Titan Ridge Help

Finally @CaseySJ the thunderbolt is showing in Win...
Here is latest HWINFO and IOReg.

It still doesn't show under Plugin device in BIOS. but it works from Windows.

/J

Attachments

• TB showing in windows.zip
    1 MB · Views: 182
Finally @CaseySJ the thunderbolt is showing in Win...
Here is latest HWINFO and IOReg.

It still doesn't show under Plugin device in BIOS. but it works from Windows.

/J
It's showing up in macOS as well!!

This is exactly what we want to see:

Screen Shot 2019-04-18 at 8.39.03 AM.png

It's even attached to RP21, so the Thunderbolt SSDT should work fine. It will allow Thunderbolt devices to be hot-plugged. So now's the time:
  • Copy SSDT-Z390-RP21-SLOT4-TB3HP.aml and SSDT-DTPG.aml to CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder.
  • Reboot into macOS.
If you have any Thunderbolt or USB-C devices, try plugging them in and see if they appear. You can run IORegistryExplorer and scroll down to RP21 to verify.

IT WORKS::: my APOLLO TWIN MK II... started without event using the SSDT... OMG:.
Thank you @CaseySJ . I've been so busy putting up Lighting for the nightclub having MK Marc Kinchen playing the club this Saturday.. the studio is running!:.

Here is the club

It docent show in System report... but it works in Ableton :)

Attachments

• 57190431_799183070455996_5699033680345825280_n.jpg
    57190431_799183070455996_5699033680345825280_n.jpg
    171.8 KB · Views: 186
  • 57251278_294589718102614_3227233160584495104_n.jpg
    57251278_294589718102614_3227233160584495104_n.jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 175
  • 57422052_2307290846001553_3537212499503874048_n.jpg
    57422052_2307290846001553_3537212499503874048_n.jpg
    186.2 KB · Views: 126
  • StudioMac’s iMac ThunderboltSTART.ioreg
    9.7 MB · Views: 124
Wonderful -- glad to hear it, and thanks for sharing a little of your world with us! It's fascinating to see people here from all walks of life and across all continents.

The two Thunderbolt SSDTs should be copied because they allow hot-plug. In other words, your Thunderbolt devices probably will not work unless they are connected and powered on before computer starts. If you unplug them and re-plug them, they might not reconnect -- hence it's a good idea to use the two SSDTs.

System Information will display your devices in the PCI section, but not in the Thunderbolt section. This is an issue on every Hackintosh.

Once again @CaseySJ thank you, your guidance has been very helpfull.
Will try add the SSDT’s and send updated info..

Im so happy about this build even it costed a add-in card. And a adapter etc.. but its so great.. my second build.

First One was 5 years ago. So finally an upgrade with Thunderbolt
Maybe the i9 9900k was too much but what the heck .

/Julian

It's puzzling why the card is not showing up.
  • Do you have a USB SSDT that might be blocking off some USB ports?
  • When you boot into Windows, do you boot from Clover or directly from BIOS by pressing F12 at BIOS splash screen and selecting the Windows disk? Booting Windows through BIOS (instead of Clover) might be better because it will bypass all Clover injections.
(Now you can see the benefits of having Titan Ridge built-in! No need for Windows, no need for Bluetooth cable, no need for THB_C cable, no need for PCIe power cables. Thunderbolt settings are directly accessible in BIOS. :))

P.S. No cookies for me! I've been sipping the Nitro Cold Brew lately...
Love that Nitro!

Love that Nitro!
Not happy about lack of success with Alpine Ridge. Is it possible that a USB SSDT could be in conflict with Alpine Ridge?

Not happy about lack of success with Alpine Ridge. Is it possible that a USB SSDT could be in conflict with Alpine Ridge?
Hello @elfcake,

Can you please describe the background:
  • What OS version are you running?
  • Are you trying to install a Gigabyte GC-Alpine Ridge card for the first time?
  • If so, what specific problems are you seeing?
  • Have you run Windows to initialize the card? Does it work in Windows?

Hello @elfcake,

Can you please describe the background:
  • What OS version are you running?
  • Are you trying to install a Gigabyte GC-Alpine Ridge card for the first time?
  • If so, what specific problems are you seeing?
  • Have you run Windows to initialize the card? Does it work in Windows?
@CaseySJ , thanks for the reply. Yes to Alpine Ridge. rev.2. Everything that follows has happened twice: I created a WININSTALL drive and installed Windows 10 Home. I installed the updated drivers and apps from Gigabyte for Z370 AORUS Gaming 5 to "wake up" the board. I shut the system down and installed the Alpine Ridge AIC then restarted the computer. I then installed the drivers for the AIC from the Alpine Ridge CD. Restarted the computer and set BIOS for the AIC. Restarted the computer and the TB card was active. I have a TB to Ethernet dongle that streamed web. All good so far. The AIC appeared in Windows Device Manager. I left the system running for a couple of days, played Resident Evil on Steam (can't do that on Mac). Restarted the computer a few times to make sure that the card was still there. All good so far. Shut the machine down and installed my NVMe Mac Os 10.14.3 card, restart the computer and... no TB available.

Between the first and second attempt I removed the Mac OS card and restarted with the Windows disk, only. The TB AIC was still not available. I re-installed windows and went through all of the above and once again, the AIC was active and functioning. Then installed the Mac OS card and, no TB. :(

Next question, would Titan Ridge be a better bet?

Thanks for your input.

Attachments

• config.plist
    9.8 KB · Views: 87
@elfcake,
  • Your motherboard has three M.2 slots. The macOS NVMe should be kept installed -- you should not have to remove it and reinsert it.
  • Is Windows installed on a 2.5-inch SATA SSD or also on a M.2 drive?
  • You can also keep Windows disk installed at all times.
  • When you boot the computer, simply press F12 at BIOS splash screen and choose either the Mac disk or the Windows disk.
  • If the Alpine Ridge card does not appear in Windows, you don't have to reinstall Windows. The Alpine Ridge card sometimes needs to be reinitialized like this:
    • Power down the system.
    • Remove power cable from wall for 10 seconds (or flip switch on back of power supply for 10 seconds).
  • Also check that the correct version of BIOS is still running. Under some circumstances, motherboards will switch back to an older BIOS. So it's a good idea to enter BIOS Setup and check the version.
  • Once you can get the Alpine Ridge card to appear in Windows, reboot into MacOS (without disconnecting any drives) and run IORegistryExplorer and choose File --> Save As... Then upload the resulting file.

Last edited:
Back