Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Wifi + Gigabyte GC-Titan Ridge Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry @CaseySJ I'm to fast here. its not the one below. its the middle one.. should I move it all down ?

Sorry @CaseySJ I'm to fast here. its not the one below. its the middle one.. should I move it all down ?
It's okay to keep it in the middle slot (any of the long slots). However:
  • Please copy the attached SSDT to EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder in order to render the Intel CNVi card invisible to MacOS. The CNVi WiFi/BT card is not compatible with MacOS and it may interfere with the operation of devices in other slots.
  • Delete the Thunderbolt SSDT from EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched. We'll copy it there later.
  • The IORegistry does not contain any reference to the Titan Ridge at the moment. It may be necessary to do the following:
    • Copy the attached SSDT as mentioned.
    • You may need to run Windows in order to initialize the firmware of the card. This is one of the "problems" or inconveniences of using Thunderbolt add-in-cards (AICs).
      • But before you do so, please go to BIOS Setup and see if there are any Thunderbolt parameters.
      • If so, please grab a photo.
      • We have to disable Thunderbolt Security and probably make a couple of other changes.

Attachments

• SSDT-DESIGNARE-Z390-NO-CNVW.aml
    129 bytes · Views: 185
Last edited:
So cool @CaseySJ will try as the first thing tomorrow . Keeping updated. Thanks alot... :headbang:

@CaseySJ @MACAK should i update bios to F9? i installed titan ridge driver in windows. but can't see it here?

@CaseySJ @MACAK should i update bios to F9? i installed titan ridge driver in windows. but can't see it here?
Updating the BIOS won’t hurt, but it’s better to download and run HWINFO64 on Windows. This will scan the system and generate a list of devices similar to IORegistryExplorer.

But as mentioned previously, first thing is to see if there any BIOS settings for the Titan Ridge. Does the owner’s manual provide any details about how to install and configure the card in Windows?

Hmm, the manual has no mention of BIOS parameters. The driver is most likely responsible for that. Will examine the HWINFO file shortly (once I leave this beautiful new Starbucks cafe!).

There's no mention of the GC-Titan Ridge in HWINFO, not even in the USB port list. Some installation questions:
  • Have you connected the THB_C header cable from card to motherboard?
  • Have you connected the Bluetooth data cable from card to motherboard's F_USB internal header?
  • Have you connected the two PCIe power cables from power supply to the card?

Haha @CaseySJ are you getting stamps at the starbucks.. watch out for the cookies there ☕

I have connected the THB_C

And usb i used F_USB1 ?

Yes double power is plugged.

Haha @CaseySJ are you getting stamps at the starbucks.. watch out for the cookies there ☕

I have connected the THB_C

And usb i used F_USB1 ?

Yes double power is plugged.
It's puzzling why the card is not showing up.
  • Do you have a USB SSDT that might be blocking off some USB ports?
  • When you boot into Windows, do you boot from Clover or directly from BIOS by pressing F12 at BIOS splash screen and selecting the Windows disk? Booting Windows through BIOS (instead of Clover) might be better because it will bypass all Clover injections.
(Now you can see the benefits of having Titan Ridge built-in! No need for Windows, no need for Bluetooth cable, no need for THB_C cable, no need for PCIe power cables. Thunderbolt settings are directly accessible in BIOS. :))

P.S. No cookies for me! I've been sipping the Nitro Cold Brew lately...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back