Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Wifi + Gigabyte GC-Titan Ridge Help

First, I read somewhere that if I have an NVMe in the lowest slot, it shares system resources with the lowest PCIe slot. It now appears in BIOS. I removed it and now have internet in both TB ports, in windows.

No to device manager although I am thoroughly ignorant about Windows so it could be there and I would not know it.

HWINFO64?
This would be a good time to boot into macOS and run IORegistryExplorer --> File --> Save As...

Have to sign off for the night. Will be back in the morning...

This would be a good time to boot into macOS and run IORegistryExplorer --> File --> Save As...

Thank you. Will get that going tomorrow. Brain dead and off to sleep.

It disappears after sleep.

Attachments

• Elf’s iMac.ioreg.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 78

This morning, I restarted the machine and plugged the TB>Ethernet dongle with the ethernet cable attached during Clover Boot Menu and have ethernet through this port. Attached is this morning's IOReg. No TB AIC appears. Also screen captures of Sys Info. Apparently, Bluetooth is working, just not my Magic Mouse 2. I have MM1 that is working. THnka you for the help. I am wondering if I should send the Alpine Ridge back and get the Titan Ridge?

Attachments

• Elf’s iMac.ioreg.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 70
  • Screen Shot 2019-04-21 at 9.45.58 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-04-21 at 9.45.58 AM.png
    69.5 KB · Views: 87
  • Screen Shot 2019-04-21 at 9.46.39 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-04-21 at 9.46.39 AM.png
    54.5 KB · Views: 76
This morning, I restarted the machine and plugged the TB>Ethernet dongle with the ethernet cable attached during Clover Boot Menu and have ethernet through this port. Attached is this morning's IOReg. No TB AIC appears. Also screen captures of Sys Info. Apparently, Bluetooth is working, just not my Magic Mouse 2. I have MM1 that is working. THnka you for the help. I am wondering if I should send the Alpine Ridge back and get the Titan Ridge?

Gigabyte says the Z370 Aorus Gaming 5 is is supported with Bios F11 or higher, and then you should be fine.
So I would keep the Alpine Ridge. @CaseySJ is a meticulous guy and helped me.

Gigabyte says the Z370 Aorus Gaming 5 is is supported with Bios F11 or higher, and then you should be fine.
So I would keep the Alpine Ridge. @CaseySJ is a meticulous guy and helped me.
Good point —
  • Always check the documentation for restrictions or minimum requirements.
  • If one or more of the M.2 slots conflicts with a PCIe slot or with SATA ports, then that is obviously a very important restriction.
  • If BIOS v11 is the minimum version required then again that’s quite important as well.

Good point —
  • Always check the documentation for restrictions or minimum requirements.
  • If one or more of the M.2 slots conflicts with a PCIe slot or with SATA ports, then that is obviously a very important restriction.
  • If BIOS v11 is the minimum version required then again that’s quite important as well.
Actually tried F11, F11 prevents MacOs from loading.

F11 prevents MacOs from loading.
Ouch! :(

Anyway, I’ll check the IOReg file now and see if the card is properly showing up in MacOS...

(Just got back after another cup of Nitro Cold Brew...)

Much better!

This is the previous IOReg file showing the M.2 NVMe drive at RP21. You are quite right that this particular M.2 slot conflicts with the PCIe slot.
Screen Shot 2019-04-21 at 10.02.07 AM.png

And this is today's RP21. It shows your Ethernet device at the bottom. The device-id on the right is 0x15D3, which is a Thunderbolt 3 controller.
Screen Shot 2019-04-21 at 10.02.48 AM.png

Now please try this:
  1. Copy the two SSDTs into the CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder.
  2. Reboot into MacOS and capture the IORegistryExplorer output again. Keep the Ethernet device plugged in.
  3. Also grab a screenshot of System Information --> PCI. I'll modify the SSDT to say "Alpine Ridge" instead of "Titan Ridge".

Back