- Mar 28, 2019
- Gigabyte Z390 AORUS PRO WIFI
- GTX 970
It's showing up in macOS as well!!
Love that Nitro!It's puzzling why the card is not showing up.
(Now you can see the benefits of having Titan Ridge built-in! No need for Windows, no need for Bluetooth cable, no need for THB_C cable, no need for PCIe power cables. Thunderbolt settings are directly accessible in BIOS. )
- Do you have a USB SSDT that might be blocking off some USB ports?
- When you boot into Windows, do you boot from Clover or directly from BIOS by pressing F12 at BIOS splash screen and selecting the Windows disk? Booting Windows through BIOS (instead of Clover) might be better because it will bypass all Clover injections.
P.S. No cookies for me! I've been sipping the Nitro Cold Brew lately...
Not happy about lack of success with Alpine Ridge. Is it possible that a USB SSDT could be in conflict with Alpine Ridge?Love that Nitro!
Hello @elfcake,Not happy about lack of success with Alpine Ridge. Is it possible that a USB SSDT could be in conflict with Alpine Ridge?
@CaseySJ , thanks for the reply. Yes to Alpine Ridge. rev.2. Everything that follows has happened twice: I created a WININSTALL drive and installed Windows 10 Home. I installed the updated drivers and apps from Gigabyte for Z370 AORUS Gaming 5 to "wake up" the board. I shut the system down and installed the Alpine Ridge AIC then restarted the computer. I then installed the drivers for the AIC from the Alpine Ridge CD. Restarted the computer and set BIOS for the AIC. Restarted the computer and the TB card was active. I have a TB to Ethernet dongle that streamed web. All good so far. The AIC appeared in Windows Device Manager. I left the system running for a couple of days, played Resident Evil on Steam (can't do that on Mac). Restarted the computer a few times to make sure that the card was still there. All good so far. Shut the machine down and installed my NVMe Mac Os 10.14.3 card, restart the computer and... no TB available.Hello @elfcake,
Can you please describe the background:
- What OS version are you running?
- Are you trying to install a Gigabyte GC-Alpine Ridge card for the first time?
- If so, what specific problems are you seeing?
- Have you run Windows to initialize the card? Does it work in Windows?