Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 AORUS PRO WIFI
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
GTX 970
Mac
iMac
When I boot to Window, I boot it thru F12 selection.

I have a USB SSDT for the USBmap of the board in macOSX

I have not updated BIOS yet. But I could do, maybe it would help.

I should have looked into some more Golden builds before i just took the first buyers guide :/

☕... ahh Coldbrew is not for me yet :) i tried once at TappedNpacked in London..

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Designare Z390
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook Air, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Quadra
Mobile Phone
iOS
Must be something simple we're overlooking, so, yes, BIOS update seems like a good next step.

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Designare Z390
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook Air, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Quadra
Mobile Phone
iOS
@MACAK, do any of these problems sound familiar? Did you have any trouble to initialize the card in Windows? Any suggestions you can offer? You have latest BIOS installed?

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
iMac, MacBook, MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Classic Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
iOS
@MACAK, do any of these problems sound familiar? Did you have any trouble to initialize the card in Windows? Any suggestions you can offer? You have latest BIOS installed?
@CaseySJ Once I followed your instructions about booting into MS Windows to initialize the card, and then use the files you supplied it was visible and working. Granted it was the Z390 chipset and very few mods were made. I think re-checking this one step by step, will determine if the card is good. If it works in MS Windows then we should see it by following your instructions.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
iMac, MacBook, MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Classic Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
iOS
I might add that double checking THB_C and USB would be prudent, on both the card and the MB. Then rebooting into Windows, downloading any needed drivers and then getting it going in Windows first.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 AORUS PRO WIFI
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
GTX 970
Mac
iMac
omg @CaseySJ too much coffee today.. I moved the TITAN RIDGE to the bottom. which is PCIEX4 after I updated the BIOS to F9. WoilaA.. it showed up... check out my great paint skills in photoshop.. :beachball::wave::crazy:

I now removed the SSDT-DTPG.aml from EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched.. (its the thunderbolt SSDT right?)

I put the attached SSDT-DISIGNARE in and rebooted.

Where to go from now.. o_O

Here is all updated IOReg and HWINFO

zzzz going all cold brew here.

Attachments

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Designare Z390
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook Air, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Quadra
Mobile Phone
iOS
Now that's more like it!!

However, IOReg and HWINFO files you posted do not contain any mention of the Thunderbolt card. Therefore, please do this:
  • Delete the Thunderbolt SSDT from CLOVER/ACPI/patched. This folder should only contain the NO-CNVW SSDT for the time being.
  • Reboot into Windows.
  • Ensure you have the latest Thunderbolt driver from Gigabyte's website.
  • Open the Windows Device Manager and look for the Thunderbolt device. Capture and upload a photo.
  • Then run HWINFO64 and export the file in .HTM format (instead of .XML). Upload the .HTM file.
  • Reboot into MacOS this time.
  • Run IORegistryExplorer and select File --> Save As... Upload the resulting IOReg file.
By the way, both (a) SSDT-DTPG.aml and (b) the Thunderbolt TB3HP SSDT are needed for proper operation because they work together. But the Thunderbolt SSDT might need to be modified before you can use it on your motherboard. Hence, bullet #1 asks you to remove it.