CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hi elfcake, can you provide a source for this information because the manual seem to only reference the M2 slots sharing PCI.e lanes with the sata ports. Nothing about sharing lanes also with the PCI-E slots. The reason I ask is that it may explain the weird behavior I'm seeing on boot with my Titan Ridge card installed in the PCI-E x8 slot (2nd one) & I also have both M2 slots populated with NVME SSD's.

Basically the pc hangs on bios boot frequently with this config when trying to boot my OC hackintosh installed on the 2nd M2 nvme ssd. Previously I had it installed on a Intel 750 PCIE SSD in the 3rd PCIEx4 slot and didn't see this type of behavior
You will have to check the manual that came with the Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Pro. Sharing lanes of PCIe is different than the M2 conflicts with SATA ports. Do some research about how PCIe lanes are used by the CPU. The TB AIC should be in the lowest PCIe slot.
IMG_0252.jpg

Motherboard
Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Pro
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
RX 570
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
You will have to check the manual that came with the Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Pro. Sharing lanes of PCIe is different than the M2 conflicts with SATA ports. Do some research about how PCIe lanes are used by the CPU. The TB AIC should be in the lowest PCIe slot.
Thanks mate, will check the manual tonight and then rearrange things in the case to test. :thumbup: Couldn't see that in the online version when I checked at worked today.

Motherboard
z390 Aorus Pro WiFi
CPU
9900KS
Graphics
RTX2080
Hi, kind of a strange ask but hoping someone can assist.

The PC I bought has a water tank covering the motherboard where the THB_C port is. I can reach it (barely) but I need to plug it in blindly.

Could someone with a Z390 Aorus Pro Wifi motherboard and the GC-Titan Ridge card tell me which of the two connectors at the motherboard end of the THB_C header cable is the right one? There's a larger one at the very end of the cable, and a smaller one along the cable. I've got the other end in the GC-Titan Ridge card connected, but without being able to see which connector goes into the motherboard I'm fidgeting around with a 50% chance of success :).

Thanks to anyone who can help me out.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 UD
CPU
Intel I3-9100
Graphics
MSI GT710 2GB
Hey everyone! @elfcake @MACAK @CaseySJ First i wanna say thank you so much for this thread, it has helped me out a whole bunch.

I have a Gigabyte 7390 UD with and Titan Ridge installed. I can see the AIC in my bios as well as in windows and OSX. Even though i can see the card im not getting any data through it.

I am trying to use it for my Apollo UAD 2 Duo fire wire interface that has a thunderbolt card in it.
I have a Thunderbolt 2 to thunderbolt 3 adapter in order to plug it into my titan ridge card.

I have tried starting the system with the unit on as well as a hot plug and neither work.

I appreciate any reply.
Thanks

Motherboard
GA-Z170-HD3
CPU
I5-6600K
Graphics
GT 730
Please try out the 2 files provided here:
Both files must be copied to CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder in the EFI partition of your Mojave SSD. Then reboot. This will only work if the Titan Ridge card is installed in Slot 4 of your motherboard.
Hello,

I updated my Hackintosh with GA-Z390 Aorus Pro WiFi, RX 580 and GA-Titan Ridge card. I flashed the TR card with Gigabyte Util to v.50 (using Win 10 boot) and set the BIOS (TB3 is showing up in BIOS) to security "disabled" and boot option to "boot once". I have CalDigit TS3 Plus Thunderbolt 3 Dock attached to the TB3 card and all (card reader, ethernet & USBs are functional). IOregistry shows the Thunderbolt card. But "about this Mac" does not show any PCI (TB3 card). Thunderbolt: no drivers installed.

Please advise.