Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Wifi + Gigabyte GC-Titan Ridge Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi @casey now im here ;)
I still don't have any connection from my TitanRidge. I was thinking the last install I made with your help I had following SSDT files in the folder.
Skærmbillede 2023-02-01 kl. 08.57.36.png

I see someone use these?

SSDT-UIAC-DESIGNARE-Z390-V7.aml
SSDT-UIAC-DESIGNARE-Z390-V8.aml
SSDT-Z390-DESIGNARE-TB3HP.aml

ACPI.png

I have attached my IORegistryExploerer

/J

Attachments

• LekerHack iMac19.1 TitanRidge.ioreg
    6.3 MB · Views: 37
Hi @CaseySJ
i have Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X and GC-Titan Ridge card. after reading all posts i succeed to get working my titan ridge cards.

1. I have installed the two aml files in EFI-Clover-APCI-Patched. (Please see attachments)
  2. In the System Report under PCI, I don't see GC-Titan Ridge, but I do see thunderbolt in ioreg
  3. card only works when i kept attached my sandisk extreme external ssd to card.
  4. card doesn't worked if sandisk extreme external ssd attaching after booting hackintosh. hot plug not supported ??
    plz see d attachments and plz help.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    6 MB · Views: 42
  • Screenshot 2023-02-27 at 9.38.46 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-02-27 at 9.38.46 PM.png
    139.5 KB · Views: 24
  • Screenshot 2023-02-27 at 9.30.46 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-02-27 at 9.30.46 PM.png
    311.7 KB · Views: 24
  • Screenshot 2023-02-27 at 9.19.39 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-02-27 at 9.19.39 PM.png
    124 KB · Views: 28
  • Screenshot 2023-02-27 at 9.19.32 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-02-27 at 9.19.32 PM.png
    206.9 KB · Views: 22
  • Screenshot 2023-02-27 at 9.19.24 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-02-27 at 9.19.24 PM.png
    145.1 KB · Views: 23
@CaseySJ

I am testing my GC Titan-Ridge in my backup Z170x-UD5-TH. I can see the card in ioreg. TR USB3 works(2 doesn't?)
Thunderbolt on the TR card doesn't work at all, unfortunately.
I tried to adapt the hackindrom Titan Ridge SSDT to my system(the card is on RP09 for me), but that does nothing.

The builtin T3 works, but no hot plug. This has never worked, btw.

The TB on the TR should work even without .aml files, shouldn't it?

Of course, the Z170x is a bit dated, and the builtin half-baked TB3 may interfere.

I am not planning to really use the TR card in this Hack, I am going to put it in a new Z690 hack that I am going to build that doesn't have onboard TB.

Is it worth it to continue troubleshooting in the Z170x or should I just continue with flashing the fw and take it from there?

Your insights appreciated!

Hi @casey now im here ;)
I still don't have any connection from my TitanRidge. I was thinking the last install I made with your help I had following SSDT files in the folder.
View attachment 562890

I see someone use these?

SSDT-UIAC-DESIGNARE-Z390-V7.aml
SSDT-UIAC-DESIGNARE-Z390-V8.aml
SSDT-Z390-DESIGNARE-TB3HP.aml

View attachment 562891
I have attached my IORegistryExploerer

/J
Hello @LekerHack

Apologies for the delay -- I didn't receive a notification when you posted this.

Anyway, the IOReg looks fine. We can see below that RP21 has the right Thunderbolt device structure.

When you say you don't have connection, can you be more specific?
  • What is the make/model of the Thunderbolt device you are trying to connect?
  • Does that device work when connected and powered before system is booted?
Screenshot 2023-03-08 at 6.01.52 AM.png

Hi @CaseySJ
i have Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X and GC-Titan Ridge card. after reading all posts i succeed to get working my titan ridge cards.

1. I have installed the two aml files in EFI-Clover-APCI-Patched. (Please see attachments)
  2. In the System Report under PCI, I don't see GC-Titan Ridge, but I do see thunderbolt in ioreg
  3. card only works when i kept attached my sandisk extreme external ssd to card.
  4. card doesn't worked if sandisk extreme external ssd attaching after booting hackintosh. hot plug not supported ??
    plz see d attachments and plz help.
Hello @prashantloveguru143,

Your IOReg screenshot shows that Thunderbolt is on RP21, but the Thunderbolt SSDT in your config is for RP05. Also, you're using OpenCore, not Clover.

Please do this:
  • Uncheck SSDT-Z390-DESIGNARE-TB3HP-V4.aml
    • We cannot use this because it's for RP05 instead of RP21
  • Add this to config.plist --> ACPI section:
    • SSDT-TB3HP-RP21.aml
  • Download attached file and copy it to EFI/OC/ACPI folder
  • Reboot and let's see your IOReg file again

Attachments

• SSDT-TB3HP-RP21.aml
    6.1 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
@CaseySJ

I am testing my GC Titan-Ridge in my backup Z170x-UD5-TH. I can see the card in ioreg. TR USB3 works(2 doesn't?)
USB 2.x devices will not work unless we connect the on-board USB headers to motherboard and map those ports in our USB port map. This is not worth doing in the Z170. The main problem is Thunderbolt connectivity rather than USB 2, so let's first look at that.

Thunderbolt on the TR card doesn't work at all, unfortunately.
I tried to adapt the hackindrom Titan Ridge SSDT to my system(the card is on RP09 for me), but that does nothing.
SSDT is only necessary to enable hot plug. If you connect and power up a Thunderbolt device before booting macOS, that device should work. Some devices such as UAD Apollos can be finicky in the latest versions of macOS, so I typically recommend testing with a Thunderbolt Dock.

The builtin T3 works, but no hot plug. This has never worked, btw.

The TB on the TR should work even without .aml files, shouldn't it?
Yes TB on GC-TR should work without SSDT, but only when Thunderbolt devices are powered and connected before boot. UAD devices can be finicky. It's better to try a Thunderbolt dock if available.

Of course, the Z170x is a bit dated, and the builtin half-baked TB3 may interfere.

I am not planning to really use the TR card in this Hack, I am going to put it in a new Z690 hack that I am going to build that doesn't have onboard TB.

Is it worth it to continue troubleshooting in the Z170x or should I just continue with flashing the fw and take it from there?

Your insights appreciated!
It's okay to flash the firmware -- the procedure for that starts by making a backup copy of the original firmware. This is important in case we need to restore the card to its original state.

Yes TB on GC-TR should work without SSDT, but only when Thunderbolt devices are powered and connected before boot. UAD devices can be finicky. It's better to try a Thunderbolt dock if available.
I tried with a Startech TB3-TB2 adapter followed by an Apple TB2 to ethernet dongle.
This works OK on the builtin TB3 ports when connected before boot(I get another ethernet port), but doesn't when connected to the TR, connected before boot or not. Nothing appears on the TB bus.

I flashed my Titan-Ridge with NVM23-Elias64. Much better. TB works, Thunderbolt bus is visible/populated. Nice.
But the TB3 - TB2 - Ethernet connection doesn't survive sleep, it needs to be replugged.

I flashed my Titan-Ridge with NVM23-Elias64. Much better. TB works, Thunderbolt bus is visible/populated. Nice.
But the TB3 - TB2 - Ethernet connection doesn't survive sleep, it needs to be replugged.
There’s a newer NVM67 that’s worth flashing and testing. It’s in the same “Thunderbolt Repository”.

Is the GC-Titan Ridge still installed in the Z170x system?

There’s a newer NVM67 that’s worth flashing and testing. It’s in the same “Thunderbolt Repository”.

Is the GC-Titan Ridge still installed in the Z170x system?
Yes, in my backup system.

What's better with NVM67? I have a TR vs1.0, btw.

Just tested TB networking to my QNAP NAS, it works. Nice. But CPU load is not much better than via 10GbE, I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back