Graphics: Gigabyte Nvidia Geforce GTX 770 OC 2G
RAM: Corsair Ballistix Sports 16GB Kit (8gbx2) DDR4 2400Mhz RAM
Drive: Samsung Evo 850 Pro SSD 1TB
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i
PSU: Corsair RM750i
PCI WIFI: TP-LINK Archer T8E AC1750
OSX: High Sierra

Post installation

I followed BoomR's guide but I had to add the file apfs.efi on drivers64UEFI and drivers64 folders inside the EFI partition because I couldn't see the SSD after the first installation from the USB.

Once High Sierra was installed, I used the same MultiBeast settings but adding the NVidia Web Drivers option, the audio works as well after his fix when he runs MultiBeast again.

I installed the latest Nvidia Web Drivers that are in this website, then I followed this guide to fix it because my UI was really slow. Now it's pretty smooth, even thought switching tabs fast on Google Chrome is a little buggy.

Problems

SLEEP MODE

When I press sleep, my screen turns off and my mouse and keyboard are lit, like on standby, but my fans and LEDs are on.
I don't know if this is normal, I actually never used Sleep before in my older Hackintosh.

LEDS ON ON SHUTDOWN
When I pressed Shutdown, my computer used to restart after 3 seconds. I fixed it by checking on CLOVER FixShutdown, but the LEDs from the mobo stay lit, and also a LED usb string that I have always connected for some backlight. Using Windows, this does not happen.

HDMI AUDIO
I followed the AppleHDA HDMI Audio guide to get sound on my HDMI monitor, the Output option shows up but my HDMI monitor is not playing any sound. With Windows 10 it works, but I didn't have the chance to try the Mac sound through my TV (maybe it's just the screen? volume is all the way up!)
Is it normal? Should I try on a TV?

BENCHMARKS (attached)
I am surprised though that my Benchmarks are slower than BoomR's post, even though he has better RAM and GFX than me, I think it's lower than usual.

kgNm69i.png

BIOS Settings

MIT > Advanced Frequency Settings > Extreme Memory Profile (X.M.P) - Profile 1

CSM Support - Disabled

Peripherals > Initial Display Output - PCIe 1 Slot

USB Configuration > XHCI Hand-off - Enabled

Chipset > VT-D - Disabled

Internal Graphics - Enabled (Airplay Mirroring needs this, unless I did it wrong)

Power > Wake on LAN Enable - Disable

Chipset > Leds on Sleep - Disabled
Power > ErP - Enabled
(this last two turns off the USBs and LEDs when shutdown, but it only works with Windows for now because as I mentioned it's not working when I shutdown from Mac).

I would really appreciate to make thins more clear in my mind, understand if I did something wrong, understand why some things might not work completely. I just want to understand and solve those things in my mind.

This is my first time opening a thread, I really appreciate everyone's help and I want to apologize if I did something wrong. I will be answering questions soon.

I am attaching the EFI partition to this thread.

Thank you all SO much, you guys are such a great community and I have a lot of fun reading and working on my hackintosh. Excellent job everyone.

Is the IGPU set to 128MB in BIOS? if not give it a try.
How you got Airplay to work, would you mind to attach EFI folder?

Edit: I had Airplay working already but without Apple TV I needed to test with alternative methods, I did and it worked as it should.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back