Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z370 HD3P - i7 8700K - RX580 8GB - Catalina 10.15.5 - OpenCore 0.5.9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you! I will try it tonight. Can you share your BIOS settings with me and which BIOS Firmware Version you are using? Maybe this is the problem.
Hi! I'm using the F12 BIOS with the very same options than the original post

So I have downgraded my BIOS from F13 to F12. But it doesn't seem to solve the problem. The installer seems to boot but no video signal is outputted from my RX5700XT. I even tried to check if the video is outputted through the onboard HDMI but no success. I had the same problem with Catalina there I needed to add a acpi Patch. I have added it and still no signal.

Also I am using MacPro1,1 as SMBIOS.

Edit: alright I remembered that I had the problem with Catalina as well, a little research helped and I forgot about the
Code:
agdpmod=pikera
bootflag.

Now Big Sur installer is booting. Cheers mate :clap:

Will keep this post updated if install will be successfull

Edit 2:

So the Big Sur installer always crashed before the reboot, after the copying process. I tried it over and over again with different kext's and config. But always an error was thrown: "service exited due to SIGKILL diskarbitrationd"

I read about the solution people tried during the beta of Big Sur. I assigned an external SSD to install macOS via vmware fusion on it by following this tutorial (German). Big Sur was installed successfully, I put maecsa EFI on the external SSD. Rebooted set the start device to the external SSD, OC was loaded instantly and Big Sur booted. Now I am using the migration assistent to copy the files from my working Catalina enviroment to Big Sur.

Very weird workaround, but I hope it will work.

Edit 3:

It has worked! Big success! :)

Last edited:
Upgraded to BigSur 11.1 with no problems

Updated to BigSur 11.2. Works like a charm

Please post your current EFI folder with the latest updated OpenCore you are using?

Please post your current EFI folder with the latest updated OpenCore you are using?

I managed to update to 0.66 with a updated OpenCore Configurator. I opened my config, saved it and uploaded it to https://opencore.slowgeek.com and selected Coffee Lake.

This tools shows you if your got any deprecated parameters inside your config. After fixing the red highlighted problems, it run smooth.

The tool does not recommand to use iMac19,2 as SMBIOS but it works for me. Just change it to your desired one. I have removed my serial number and all other values regarding it.

I have added
Code:
agdpmod=pikera
as I have a 5700XT. Without this bootflag I would get a black screen while booting. You won't need it with your RX580. You can delete it in NVRAM > Add > 7C436110... > row boot-args

I have attached my EFI below. Currently GUI bootloader is not available (I need to fix that anytime).

I am using bios version F12 and macOS 11.2.1.

Much luck

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    58.3 MB · Views: 108
Hello everyone. My system: i7-8700k + gigabyte Z370HD3P + RX 580 Sapphire Pulse. The CPU seems to be going crazy. Can anyone help? What did I do wrong? Attached EFI folder and image.

Idle, the CPU clock does not fall below 1.6 GHz. It’s almost always at 2Ghz and higher with high spikes.

Last edited:
Hello everyone. My system: i7-8700k + gigabyte Z370HD3P + RX 580 Sapphire Pulse. The CPU seems to be going crazy. Can anyone help? What did I do wrong? Attached EFI folder and image.

Idle, the CPU clock does not fall below 1.6 GHz. It’s almost always at 2Ghz and higher with high spikes.
You have forgot to add your EFI

OC 0.69 + macOS 11.3.1 update

• managed to update to macOS 11.3.1
  • after the update all USB 3.0 ports didn't work, fixed it with new SSDT's that have usb mapping in it
  • sleep + wake is still working

To disable SIP change: NVRAM > 7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82 > csr-active-config > to "FF070000"

Please adjust the agdpmod to your builtin VGA

Attachments

• EFI OC 0.69 for macOS 11.3.1.zip
    27.8 MB · Views: 174
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back