Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z370 HD3P - i7 8700K - RX580 8GB - Catalina 10.15.5 - OpenCore 0.5.9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like you have a smooth running setup there!
I was wondering if you encountered any issued with restarts?

I've recently built my first hackintosh and everything turned out ok, except restarting — which get's stuck after the displays turn off (the fans are still running & everything) and it never reaches the part where it should reboot :(

Sounds like you have a smooth running setup there!
I was wondering if you encountered any issued with restarts?

I've recently built my first hackintosh and everything turned out ok, except restarting — which get's stuck after the displays turn off (the fans are still running & everything) and it never reaches the part where it should reboot :(

I'm not sure what your issue might be. Best is to post in support. They will require the verbose error. To find this, before you boot into your drive, press spacebar, and check off the verbose box. This shows in text what is happening. Any errors will appear there, take a picture and post in support. Hope this helps

Hello!

First of all, thanks for the Build! Everything seems to work OOB the only thing is, sometimes I'm getting A Kernel Panic error ( seems to be caused by Google Chrome ) and my PC Shuts down. Any Ideas what the Problem could be?

Thanks,
Tom

Not really, do you have add-ons in chrome (if so disable them and check to see if still crashing) I would also do a hardware check on your system, if that comes back fine, I would backup your data and perform a fresh mac os install and test chrome again.

@ OP -- I have my first build going using the same mobo. Your uploaded config.plist seems different from the notes you entered on Sept 29. Am I reading things wrong or do I mod config.plist as per your 9/29 entries? Thanks so much.

@ OP -- I have my first build going using the same mobo. Your uploaded config.plist seems different from the notes you entered on Sept 29. Am I reading things wrong or do I mod config.plist as per your 9/29 entries? Thanks so much.

I have uploaded my new config.plist after another fresh install, you could use my config if your having problems with your install, I have not used another persons config file before so couldn't answer that sorry.. I just uploaded so people have some sort of idea what worked for me...

So, I built a system pretty much exactly like this, except my RX580 is a Sapphire.

I ended up skipping the direct Clover 4700 install and just used Multibeast 10.4, activating all the options that corresponded to what OP did with additional kexts, but I left my system definition at iMac 14,2. I used KextBeast to put the latest versions of AppleALC, Lilu, USBInjectAll, and WhateverGreen into \L\E.

Then, I modded config.plist with the fragment OP has listed.

I finally got Mojave to boot from my NMVe SSD, so that's good. I also have sound, so that's good.

Now, I can't get USB3 to go... LOL.

Last edited:
So, I built a system pretty much exactly like this, except my RX580 is a Sapphire.

I ended up skipping the direct Clover 4700 install and just used Multibeast 10.4, activating all the options that corresponded to what OP did with additional kexts, but I left my system definition at iMac 14,2. I used KextBeast to put the latest versions of AppleALC, Lilu, USBInjectAll, and WhateverGreen into \L\E.

Then, I modded config.plist with the fragment OP has listed.

I finally got Mojave to boot from my NMVe SSD, so that's good. I also have sound, so that's good.

Now, I can't get USB3 to go... LOL.

if you goto...

https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-USB-Inject-All/blob/master/config_patches.plist

and add the disable port limit in XHCI kext code at the bottom to your config.plist via text mode in clover configurator then do a synchronize after then reboot and usb 3 should work

Last edited:
if you goto...

https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-USB-Inject-All/blob/master/config_patches.plist

and add the disable port limit in XHCI kext code at the bottom to your config.plist via text mode in clover configurator then do a synchronize after then reboot and usb 3 should work

Yep, had to mount the EFI partition using Clover Config then added this to config.plist. All good now.

Thank you! Awesome thread.

I will start my own build thread so i don’t keep cluttering up yours.

Hello, can you please upload your EFI folder? TIA.

Hi there and thank you for your guide.

I am totally unable to make USB3 ports running faster than USB2 speed, I am pretty sure I am missing something or doing something wrong. Can you help me?

I have a pretty much similar system as yours, except for:

- 64GB RAM
- Sapphire Radeon RX580
- Double boot: Windows10 and Mojave 14.2.
- An OTB fully working firewire card SYBA SD-PEX30009

What I have already done and tried, with no success:

- I have already configured a USBPorts.kext for my system, using Intel FB. It is attached with this message
- Included XHCI-200-series-injector.kext, USBPorts.kext, WhateverGreen.kext. and Lilu.kext in Efi/Clover/Kexts/Other
- Also tried installing them in Library/Extensions using Kextbeast
- Deleted USBInjectAll.kext from Library/Extensions.
- Included via Clover Config, synchronize and save, then reboot:

<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>disable port limit in XHCI kext (credit DalianSky,Ricky)</string>
<key>MatchOS</key>
<string>10.14.1,10.14.2</string>
<key>Name</key>
<string>com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCI</string>
<key>Find</key>
<data>g/sPD4OPBAAA</data>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>g/sPkJCQkJCQ</data>