Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z370 HD3P - i7 8700K - RX580 8GB - Catalina 10.15.5 - OpenCore 0.5.9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, no issues here. I connect 2.0 and 3.0 USB sticks with no problems on 10.14.4. Updated kexts and Clover before doing the macOS upgrade.

Enclosed my version (deserialized etc). Hope it works for you.

Thanks, but no dice for me. Specifically, I can't use any USB3 devices (external HDD, USB key) on my USB3 ports, they only work on USB2 ports. Could it have something to do with me using a 9th gen CPU?

Hey just a heads up, that I updated to the F11b bios and could not get my system to boot. Tried every bios setting. I downgraded to F10, loaded defaults, made the usual changes and was back up and running. Friendly warning that might save some people the headache.

I updated to the last F11 BIOS and could not get my system to boot. :crazy:

Hello, are there any hints about F11/12 BIOS and the boot problems? I have the same motherboard with i9-9900K processor and have the same issues. Thanks a lot!

Check out https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/fix-for-boot-hangs-after-bios-update-acpi-patch.275091/ for updating your BIOS, I have gone from F8 to F12 with no problems so far.

Updated BIOS to F13 without any problems.

Hi, I used UniBeast to create the USB stick and I set the BIOS as indicated, but I found this error when the installation starts:

apfs _module_start: 1334: load : com.apple.filesystems.apfs

my BIOS is F13 but I have read that you have had no problems with this BIOS. Have you modified the USB EFI with driver or kexts? if so how? Thanks.

thanks all for the information and posts ... hope somebody went through my problem and can help just a bit

I 've had this same setup working for 1 year and I tryed to update Lilu and AppleALC to latest versions yesterday. I had USB3 working. I had only the green audio port working. No audio on HDMI nor DP but I didn't need them.

After moving on from Lilu 1.2.4 and AppleALC 1.2.0 (layout-11 with no mic nor front audio) to latest versions I got only HDMI and DP digital audio working, reboots after apple logo for kernel panic on startups and other problems. No analog sound anywhere after updates.

I tryed to rollback but the restart problems after apple logo continued. Previous working setup with prev kext version wouldn't work anymore. I then reinstalled Lilu 1.2.4 + AppleALC 1.2.0 (even though latest AppleALC have layout-27 for this motherboard). Now it is all working again using layout 5. Still no way to use the mic port.

So, I don't know if going for an external audio device would really worth the time that I am wasting.... anyone had the same traoubles around here ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back