i5-7600K
Graphics
RX580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Getting stuck step 4 - Install Mac OS High Sierra. Installed gets to about 1/2 on the progress bar, I see a spinning icon, then nothing. Tried 2 different USB thumb drives and been waiting it out for over 20min... definitely appears to be stuck. USB High Sierra creation process seems fine. Am I missing a MB setting? Some other step?

BIOS changes (after defaults):
enabled HXCI handoff
OS type set to "Other OS"

Hardware: (all on the compatibility list)
Gigabyte Z270X Ultra Gaming
Intel 15-7600k
16GB Patriot DDR4 2400 Viper RAM
Samsung 960 EVO 500GB NVMe M.2
Corsair H75 CPU Cooler
Asus GeForce GTX 1060 OC 3GB GDDR5
LG 4k IPS 27" Display (using HDMI cable)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-11-28 at 11.53.32 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-11-28 at 11.53.32 AM.png
    929 KB · Views: 190
Last edited:
Getting stuck step 4 - Install Mac OS High Sierra. Installed gets to about 1/2 on the progress bar, I see a spinning icon, then nothing. Tried 2 different USB thumb drives and been waiting it out for over 20min... definitely appears to be stuck

enabled HXCI handoff

Intel 15-7600k
Corsair H75 CPU Cooler
moved to support

please update your hardware profile as per rules

Hi joesrepsol, I have exactly the same spinning icon in the same spot with a msi z270. I found a solution in another web but I'm not 100% sure it's permitted to publish this method here. Is a modification on the clover configuration and the EFI bootloader. I do the first part of the installation with the integrated graphics, the reboot to the bios to activate the graphics card and finish the installation. With Unibest I tried dozens of things and none of them seems to work.

Last edited:
Getting stuck step 4 - Install Mac OS High Sierra. Installed gets to about 1/2 on the progress bar, I see a spinning icon, then nothing. Tried 2 different USB thumb drives and been waiting it out for over 20min... definitely appears to be stuck. USB High Sierra creation process seems fine. Am I missing a MB setting? Some other step?

enabled HXCI handoff

Intel 15-7600k
Corsair H75 CPU Cooler

I had the same problem and decided to abandon High Sierra and downgrade to just Sierra, which worked flawlessly so far.

I had the same problem and decided to abandon High Sierra and downgrade to just Sierra, which worked flawlessly so far.
Good to know... I may stick with it, but removed my NVidia grapics card and flew by this step as well. Now stuck on a completely different issue with my new fancy NVMe M.2 drive not being recognized in the Mac OS installer (can't see that drive)...

Hi joesrepsol, I have exactly the same spinning icon in the same spot with a msi z270. I found a solution in another web but I'm not 100% sure it's permitted to publish this method here. Is a modification on the clover configuration and the EFI bootloader. I do the first part of the installation with the integrated graphics, the reboot to the bios to activate the graphics card and finish the installation. With Unibest I tried dozens of things and none of them seems to work.
I removed the Nvidia card... flew by that step. Hoping to get into Mac OS High Sierra then re-install/enable the NVidia... lets see how that goes.

Problems I had.
1. Didn’t remove video card.
2. Didn’t upload apps.efi in EFI folder.
3. Didn’t stop clover from booting to HD
4. Didn’t budget 1 hour for upgrade.

And the major one..... using 17,1 over 14,2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back