i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey Hackintosh friends,

This is my first post here so if I make any mistakes or not provide all info needed - please do let me know. This is my first hackintosh project that I have ever done. I am a complete beginner.

The build was successful, but one thing that does not work as it should are the USB ports on my motherboard: Gigabyte Z270 gaming 7 - one of the ports does not work at all and the rest of the ports does work properly. Those working ports do not have enough power, because when I plug in a CD/DVD { SuperDrive from Apple } I am getting a warning saying that the drive needs more power.

Any help would be great!

Hey Hackintosh friends,
The build was successful, but one thing that does not work as it should are the USB ports on my motherboard: Gigabyte Z270 gaming 7 - one of the ports does not work at all and the rest of the ports does work properly. Those working ports do not have enough power, because when I plug in a CD/DVD { SuperDrive from Apple } I am getting a warning saying that the drive needs more power.

Any help would be great!
If you use iMac18,3 as SMBIOS, try using this kext. Do not use it with another USB injector.
Because of USB power, I'll give you an SSDT later.

Sorry, I forgot to upload the kext. Here it is.

Attachments

• Z270X_Gaming7.kext.zip
    3.1 KB · Views: 104
@wern thank you very much! Much appreciated. I would be grateful for the SSDT file :}
Here is the SSDT, but ATM for testing purposes only, because you get random kernel panics on startup. Strangely, it works with "keepsyms=1". If it does not start, press space and select Keep symbols on panic.

Attachments

• SSDT-ABPC.aml.zip
    921 bytes · Views: 89
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back