Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z170X-UD5-TH and Z170X-SOC-FORCE LGA 1151 Motherboard Pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks good. Ive been looking at Z170X-UD5-TH but I'm going to wait till apple releases a Skylake Mac before purchasing. :thumbup:

Same here, though I'm wondering if Gigabyte will have a black edition release. I really like the GA-Z170X-UD5-TH layout.

Looking at the refresh rate for different Mac models on macrumors the MacBook Pro is the best probability to being updated. If that happens it might also add OOB support for more AMD gfx cards.

We've got an update! Looks like I'll have to check these boards out for my build.

I'm surprised nobody commented on the three M.2 slots on the Z170X SOC Force motherboard! Of course, at $380 that would silence the crowd.

9 months have passed. Any updates?

Hi! looking to build my first hackintosh, so I'm interested in the Gigabyte GA-Z170X-SOC FORCE as my mainboard but can't find anyone who's built one with this board.. wondering if I should be looking for another board..?

Hi! looking to build my first hackintosh, so I'm interested in the Gigabyte GA-Z170X-SOC FORCE as my mainboard but can't find anyone who's built one with this board.. wondering if I should be looking for another board..?
As I mentioned in Post #13, you can't find a builder using the GA-Z170X-SOC FORCE because of the high cost.

thanks Stork,
thought so too, but the 3x M.2 slots are very unique right now.. what do you think the risk of major problems with this board can be? I saw that it has a PLX for the extra PCIe buses, otherwise the same components as the GA-Z170X-UD5 TH.. and my supplier had one in stock last week, but now delivery times of 2-4weeks. should I risk it as a newbie?

My build list so far:
GA-Z170X-UD5 TH OR GA-Z170X-SOC FORCE
GTX 980 Ti
32GB RAM
SSD Samsung 950 M.2 PCIe.
and various other recycled parts (RocketRaid 644L etc..)

I've read alot in the last week or so, but have a few general questions:
1. I think that most mac aware hardware I can install once the OS X is up and running(RocketRaid)?
2. Can I also assume that changing from one GTX960 card(after install - I can borrow one to test) to another GTX980Ti is as simple as switching card or do I have to rerun MultiBeast or is it more problematic?
3. Booting from different disks is the same as native OS X, position independent? i.e. USB, on-board SATA or PCIe M.2? Or do I have to change configuration too?

Thanks!

1. Probably.
2. Install with the 980 Ti, if that's the graphics card you want to use in your system. You'll have to install the Nvidia web drivers to make it work after you run MultiBeast.
3. Clover is the bootloader, and it will let you choose which drive to boot from. If you are going to use multiple OS on your system, then I recommend you use Going Bald's Guides in the Multi-Booting forum section > https://www.tonymacx86.com/forums/multi-booting.153

thanks again.. but need your experience on this one: you think its too risky for a newbie to try out the GA-Z170X-SOC FORCE?

The only experience I can give you is that both the Ethernet and audio chipsets have drivers in MultiBeast. That motherboard is too rich for my blood. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back