Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
IMG_1466.jpg
Yay- we just got our hands on our first next generation 100 Series motherboard. It's the Gigabyte Z170X-UD5. At the moment we don't have a Intel 'Skylake' 6th Generation CPU to test it, as they're not available in retail until this Thursday, but in the meantime check out these pics. We'll be posting more about these systems in the coming weeks.

Specs include dual Intel Ethernet ports, Realtek ALC Audio, support for DDR4 RAM, dual Intel USB 3.1 ports with 1 Type-C, and dual PCIe Gen3 x4 32Gb/s M.2 Connectors.

IMG_1478.jpg
IMG_1470.jpg
IMG_1479.jpg
IMG_1477.jpg
IMG_1476.jpg
IMG_1472.jpg

IMG_1471.jpg
IMG_1469.jpg

IMG_1473.jpg
Official Product Page:
http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=5480

Newegg
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128838

Can't wait, I have mine on pre-order from newegg, so it should be next weekish. Now just to get a CPU for myself as well. I am also wanting to get some of the new Trident Z RAM from G.Skill.

Looks like I may upgrade my main build Z77-DS3H to Skylake :thumbup:

Jeeei it even has an ps2 port so we can connect vintage keyboards, and the box is nice it has some bad guy from some game on it and nice colors, woo hoo...
The greed and backwardnes of, specially, motherboard makers is beyond belief, and they report drop in sales, hope gigabyte will continue making phones becouse this is going nowhere, the M version even have two pci slots, TWO!!!!
Maybe put an agp slot, that would be nice and some led lights in colors...
THUNDERBOLT 3, where is that?
In intel's garage, not on gigas boards, but you could buy an addon card, how many of you did? For 60-70$ nobody cared...
Usb 3.1 for future what future till next year next 6 months till z270 till usb 3.2 faster better.
So this will be no upgrade for me...

Oh wow, I'm so curious too. I visited this site for the past 4 weeks waiting for some Skylake releated Buyers Guide. I'm hopeing there will be one in the "August" update? I'm going to accelerate this by donating a few Euros. Edit: Done 10$ donated.

Awesome! Go for it, I'll join as soon as a new guide is available

I hope Thunderbolt 3 AIC and USB 3.1 will work without a lot of trouble.

Thanks Tony :)

I notice the higher-quality audio caps - like ASUS are currently offering - so promises better onboard sound too.

Interesting to see if they can format the board for M-ATX. With that large chipset heatsink it will be a task. That would be my choice.

Is Apple anywhere near offering support for the architecture? Or will it mean a lot of work for the back-room geniuses of the Hackintosh community?

I hope Thunderbolt 3 AIC and USB 3.1 will work without a lot of trouble.
Unfortunately, only when Apple comes out with a new Mac (iMac and/or Mac Pro) with Thunderbolt 3. USB 3.1 as of this date is not yet supported in the general release of Yosemite 10.10.4. Future OS X updates will probably have USB 3.1 support. Stay tuned. :thumbup:

Unfortunately, only when Apple comes out with a new Mac (iMac and/or Mac Pro) with Thunderbolt 3. USB 3.1 as of this date is not yet supported in the general release of Yosemite 10.10.4. Future OS X updates will probably have USB 3.1 support. Stay tuned. :thumbup:

All the latest and greatest are on the way. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back