ASUS Z170-A
CPU
Intel Core i7-6700K
Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 4095 MB
Mac
  1. iMac
Hello guys.
I've just bought a Gigabyte GA-Z170X Gaming 3 with INTEL Skylake i7-6700K assembled system
I followed the instructions in Tonymac Guides for installation.
The post installation didn't succeed fully.
The sleep doesn't work and after Multicast 8.2 Audio Driver REALTEC 1150 + optional HD 530 HDMI audio, the system doesn't recognise any audio device.
Please help me!
Thanks.

Hello guys.
I've just bought a Gigabyte GA-Z170X Gaming 3 with INTEL Skylake i7-6700K assembled system
I followed the instructions in Tonymac Guides for installation.
The post installation didn't succeed fully.
The sleep doesn't work and after Multicast 8.2 Audio Driver REALTEC 1150 + optional HD 530 HDMI audio, the system doesn't recognise any audio device.
Please help me!
Thanks.

I just want to say "Multibeast 8.2"

My Post installation with Multicast 8.2 was
Quick Start Uefi
Graphics Intel HD 530
Network Atheros v 2.2

This is my best result until now but with no sleep nor audio.

thanks for any suggestion.

dFrank

I've tried with:

Quick Start Uefi
Graphics Intel HD 530
Network Atheros v 2.2
Audio ALC 1150
100 Series Audio
Optional HD 530

and I got analog audio working BUT NO HDMI audio.

Also the computer does SLEEP but doesn't wake up...

drank

Hi dfrank970,
Looks like you're having a one sided conversation here. HDMI audio requires further steps and best procedure is this guide here Audio - HDMI Audio AppleHDA [Guide] - CloverHDMI script will do the work for you, ensure that you've mounted your EFI partition. If you have any trouble enabling HDMI audio see the Problem Reporting section/Post#1. Reply to the linked thread with the necessary Problem Reporting files for diagnosis.

As for sleep with HD530. You are correct and not alone when it comes to not being able to wake the system after sleep. There is a thread about it here : Skylake HD530 - Sleeps but won't wake

Thank you for replying.
I just mounted EFI and ran audio_cloverHDMI-110_v0.22, then restarted
but nothing happened. Only analog devices as previously.

I lost myself in the next posts you suggested me.... I thought it were a little bit easier to enable the HDMI audio on a skyline platform... I think maybe it's beyond my possibilities...

As for sleep with HD530. I had a look at the post : Skylake HD530 - Sleeps but won't wake[/QUOTE]
It seems that the problem is still unsolved. Maybe in the next Multibeast?

drank

Thank you for replying.
I just mounted EFI and ran audio_cloverHDMI-110_v0.22, then restarted
but nothing happened. Only analog devices as previously.

I lost myself in the next posts you suggested me.... I thought it were a little bit easier to enable the HDMI audio on a skyline platform... I think maybe it's beyond my possibilities...

Hi dfrank970, I linked the HDMI audio thread for you as if it didn't work you could look at the Problem Reporting section and supply the requested files to help you. Of course this is up to you and toleda will help you with the correct diagnosis.
As for sleep with HD530. I had a look at the post :Skylake HD530 - Sleeps but won't wake

It seems that the problem is still unsolved. Maybe in the next Multibeast?
If a solution comes up for HD530 sleep then I'm sure it will posted in more than one thread. My guess is that Apple has to fix wake from sleep. If a workaround becomes available it could be implemented in MultiBeast.

Last edited:
Thank you wild willow for replying.

I will make some more attempts with the link instructions you posted.
Anyway I will look at the problem Reporting section.

dFrank

Just a question at pont 3:

3 Installation

1. Mount EFI
  2. SIP enabled, OK
  3. Intel: HDMI display only, disconnect DP display
  4. Double click
  5. Answer y/n questions
  6. Password
  7. Restart

What does "SIP enabled, OK" mean?
What "disconnect DP display"?

drank

Just a question at pont 3:

3 Installation

1. Mount EFI
  2. SIP enabled, OK
  3. Intel: HDMI display only, disconnect DP display
  4. Double click
  5. Answer y/n questions
  6. Password
  7. Restart

What does "SIP enabled, OK" mean?
What "disconnect DP display"?

drank
'SIP' stands for System Integrity Protection which was implemented by Apple in El Capitan to protect system folders, you can read more about it here Explaining OS X El Capitan Security Changes - Workarounds and ...
The method being used by the script doesn't need SIP to be disabled in any way. It will be adding files to EFI/Clover....
Disconnect DP means, if you are connected to a Display Port disconnect it, simply as the framebuffer consists of external Display Port(DP) connectors. If an HDMI port is detected; for HDMI audio to work it will need to be configured with a connector edit from DP>HDMI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back