Contribute
Register

GIGABYTE Z170N Gaming 5 WiFI + Bluetooth Broadcom chips

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad I could help! Nope, a few days afterwards in another post someone gave me a hint with regards to HDMI audio, I tried it out, and it worked perfectly (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...-gaming-5-mini-itx.199805/page-2#post-1309488). So basically my El Cap install works perfectly. I've since recently had some weird hiccups with the bluetooth so I made sure to remove the files from S/L/E and just use the Clover injection method, seems to be working well now - I'm attributing it to some possible updates I performed to El Cap, which also seem to have disabled TRIM support as well (so re-enabled that in Terminal).

Not gonna touch Sierra until it's all been well understood and fully troubleshot; when the RX480's are fully supported without much fuss I'll probably jump on that if nVidia doesn't get off their behinds and update their drivers to support the 10xx series in OSX. And my file server will probably be a little more involved, since it's on SMBIOS 4,1 which was retired on Sierra, so when I jump off the El Cap bus the Sierra one had better be running 100%. :)

That really works! Thank you so much for sharing this.

Since removing the .yaml file system still works fine, what doest it do anyway?

Yeah. I have this card, and it works flawlessly. Make sure you use RehaMan's kexts.

Great! Thanks! I just looked at the motherboard and could not understand how this is going through M.2 slot. It seems I have just 1/10" space between the m2 and RAM slots. Will I need a vertical converter or something? Did you end up using m2 to PCI-e card or directly to m2 slot?

Screen Shot 2018-01-29 at 3.52.13 PM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back