Contribute
Register

GIGABYTE Z170N Gaming 5 WiFI + Bluetooth Broadcom chips

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ordered the Broadcom BCM94352Z so will try to get it working as soon as it arrives.
can you confirm that Wifi & BT is working with this card?

Yup. I am using the exact same MOBO with the Broadcom BCM94352Z. Works but I'm having random freeze issues (on Windows 10 and Mac OS). Possibly a fluke though or a problem with my RAM. Still looking into it
Are the freezings still going on?

I'm also interested in this build

thanks in advance!

Would u care to share how you got it to work? Kexts u installed, etc.. I followed this guide but only got wifi to work. Could not detect bluetooth..
Thanks
http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-el-capitan-on-the-skylake-h170n-wifi.178197/

Hey! Sorry it has taken me awhile to respond, grad school has been killing my time (and slowly draining my soul of life but thats a separate issue... :cry:)

I installed the Broadcom BCM94352Z M.2 Wifi/BT following ammulder's guide. I have not patched it for 5 GHz yet (seems a bit more rigorous so I'm putting it off for now). Otherwise, BT and 2.4 GHz Wifi are running great! I would look up his guide for his gigabyte motherboard too and follow it step-by-step. That's all I did.

Good luck!

Would u care to share how you got it to work? Kexts u installed, etc.. I followed this guide but only got wifi to work. Could not detect bluetooth..
Thanks
http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-el-capitan-on-the-skylake-h170n-wifi.178197/

I simply installed the 4 required kexts into the EFI\CLOVER\kexts\10.11 folder on the EFI partition. I then remembered that I used the "SSDT-USB-H170N-WIFI.aml" file during the configuration process of my new hackintosh, and recalled in another post that with the BCM94352Z card you should remove the "SSDT-USB-H170N-WIFI.aml" file from your EFI\Clover\ACPI\patched directory if you used it; it apparently disables a USB port which the BT adapter needs to have active. As soon as I removed it and rebooted, BOOM! Bluetooth worked.

Now if anyone can help out with getting audio over HDMI using the 530 integrated GPU on my i5-6600k, I'd appreciate it! Post up any config.plist files please - I've tried Toleda's script, and a few other threads, and no luck - this is the only issue I have left on this machine! :(

I simply installed the 4 required kexts into the EFI\CLOVER\kexts\10.11 folder on the EFI partition. I then remembered that I used the "SSDT-USB-H170N-WIFI.aml" file during the configuration process of my new hackintosh, and recalled in another post that with the BCM94352Z card you should remove the "SSDT-USB-H170N-WIFI.aml" file from your EFI\Clover\ACPI\patched directory if you used it; it apparently disables a USB port which the BT adapter needs to have active. As soon as I removed it and rebooted, BOOM! Bluetooth worked.

OMG!!!! You just solved my bluetooth issue! One simple file is all it took. Everything I found was saying it's a USB issue and you have to edit DSTD and yatta yatta. Thanks you!

And nothing else seems to have been affected by removing the "SSDT-USB-H170N-WIFI.aml" in case anyone is wondering.

I know it's been a while, but are you still having sound issues?

Do you think it will work on this board too ?
Gigabyte GA-Z170N-WIFI
Amazon US

Do you think it will work on this board too ?
Gigabyte GA-Z170N-WIFI
Amazon US

Yea. IDK if you saw, but I'm using the Gigabyte GA-Z170N-Gaming 5 board and they're basically the same thing. So it should work.

IDK if the OS version would matter, but I'm on El Capitan 10.11.6. Didn't want to go to Sierra quite yet as it's still pretty new and am afraid of any bugs that haven't been resolved from both Apple and the hackintosh community.

Also, I'm using a Broadcom BCM94352Z chip which seems to be the recommended chip.

OMG!!!! You just solved my bluetooth issue! One simple file is all it took. Everything I found was saying it's a USB issue and you have to edit DSTD and yatta yatta. Thanks you!

And nothing else seems to have been affected by removing the "SSDT-USB-H170N-WIFI.aml" in case anyone is wondering.

I know it's been a while, but are you still having sound issues?
Glad I could help! Nope, a few days afterwards in another post someone gave me a hint with regards to HDMI audio, I tried it out, and it worked perfectly (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...-gaming-5-mini-itx.199805/page-2#post-1309488). So basically my El Cap install works perfectly. I've since recently had some weird hiccups with the bluetooth so I made sure to remove the files from S/L/E and just use the Clover injection method, seems to be working well now - I'm attributing it to some possible updates I performed to El Cap, which also seem to have disabled TRIM support as well (so re-enabled that in Terminal).

Not gonna touch Sierra until it's all been well understood and fully troubleshot; when the RX480's are fully supported without much fuss I'll probably jump on that if nVidia doesn't get off their behinds and update their drivers to support the 10xx series in OSX. And my file server will probably be a little more involved, since it's on SMBIOS 4,1 which was retired on Sierra, so when I jump off the El Cap bus the Sierra one had better be running 100%. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back