Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z170n Gaming 5 or H170n wifi mobo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z170N Gaming 5
CPU
i7 6700 or i7 6700k
Graphics
Integrated HD530
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi folks,

Which would be the better board in terms of reliability/compatibility for a newbie trying to build a Hackintosh (Sierra) for the first time....the cpu will likely be a i7 6700 or 6700K, integrated graphics only needed.

If there is an alternative mobo thats easier to get working then feel free to suggest it....mini itx mobo only too.

Thanks

I'd go with the H170N and the I7-6700. Make sure to get at least an 8GB ram kit when using igfx. A 2 x 8GB kit is ideal with a mini-itx system. CustoMacs need ram installed in dual channel mode for best performance.

I'd go with the H170N and the I7-6700. Make sure to get at least an 8GB ram kit when using igfx. A 2 x 8GB kit is ideal with a mini-itx system. CustoMacs need ram installed in dual channel mode for best performance.

Thanks for your advice.....I would always buy a dual channel kit of ram, shame ram is sooooo expensive now....I bought 16gb (2x8gb) of g.skill 3200mhz in June of last year for £66 from amazon and the same stuff is £135 today.

Thanks for your advice.....I would always buy a dual channel kit of ram, shame ram is sooooo expensive now....I bought 16gb (2x8gb) of g.skill 3200mhz in June of last year for £66 from amazon and the same stuff is £135 today.
Should have bought two kits last June. Guess that hindsight is perfect. Not sure why it's going up so much.

Haha I wish I had bought more of those kits, but everything was similarly priced when I was putting a build together for my sons xmas.....always knew that computer stuff fluctuates in price but ram has seen the biggest change recently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back