Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z170MX-Gaming 5 Sierra Install Fail IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait. So the answer was just moving PCI(e) cards around?

Edit: Answer: No. Of course it isn't that simple. I'm still getting the same final line:
IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm 0x0

:(
Same problem with a "Z77 DS3H / i5 3570K / GTX 970" and Sierra. I can't boot without "nv_disable=1"

I noticed that if I load Intel HD drivers in Clover settings under Graphics Injection I will get the same problem: IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm 0x0. If I disable Intel HD it boots without issues. My motherboard is ASUS H81M-K, R7 260X.

I had the same problem. It turned out that I failed to upgrade Clover EFI. If you still can upgrade your Clover EFI, please upgrade it at first. When you upgrade Clover EFI, please DO select Customize -> Install clover in ESP. If you upgrade Clover EFI successfully, the EFI partition will be mounted automatically. When you boot your system, you can double check Clover EFI's version number.

Had same problem on H270 Gaming 3 with i7 7700 that uses Intel 630 on macOS 10.12.6. I found the fix here which is to use KextBeast to install to l a plugin framework called Lilu.kext and a Lilu plugin called IntelGraphicsFix.kext. You put these kexts on your desktop and then run KextBeast and select \Library\Extensions and it will copy the kexts from the desktop to there and likely invalidate the kextcache so they get picked up on next boot. Once finished, reboot and then it will get past the IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3 line instantly and the screen goes black and then the login screen loads. From what I gather a version of Sierra worked without patches, then there was an update which required the patches again, hence now the need for IntelGraphicsFix in 10.12.6.

I also used CloverConfigurator to set to iMac 18,1 while I was fixing this because another post suggested that was the fix, it wasn't but it might be part of the fix. I previously was on 17,1 which is what MultiBeast had as the highest.

Guys, I had the same problem. Suddenly, when I rebooted, my MacBook Pro got stuck on the boot screen. I'm not saying that this solution will definitely work for you, but it worked for me. Just give it a try:). The cause of the stuck was the Apple's System Integrity Protection (SIP) being turned on. We need to disable it.
So, what to do:
  1. Check if you really got the same issue (your system boot stucks on loading screen and if you boot in verbose mode (Command (⌘) + V) it stucks on IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm 0x0 line)
  2. Turn off your Mac and at power-on press the keys ⌘R (Command + R).
  3. After loading, we get to the recovery menu. Open the "Utilities" section and start the "Terminal".
  4. It remains to enter one small command, but you need to type manually, so be careful:
    Code:
    csrutil disable
  5. Reboot the Mac through the menu  for the settings to take effect.
That's it! After this manipulation my MacBookPro booted immediately.

P.S. Write here if this helped to you also. Press "Like" on this comment, so others could find the solution faster.
Thank you!

Last edited:
After updating the system (Sierra 10.12), my Mac mini boots up until the progress bar is at about 50%, then display becomes simply black. The computer does not shut down, but display is simply black.

If I boot in verbose mode, the last line I see is the following:

IOConsoleusers: gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm 0x0

Resetting the PRAM/NVRAM and resetting SMC do not help.

Internet recovery (Shift-Option-Command-R) does not help: recovery itself seems to proceed fine, but when it comes again to the Apple logo, the progress bar again reaches about 50% and the display becomes black.

Starting up in Recovery mode(Command-R) and starting up in Safe mode (Shift) do not help: as in Normal mode, it reaches 50% of progress bar and the display becomes black.

Apple Hardware test: no problems.

I can boot in single user mode (Command-S): "fsck -fy" does not find any problems. I don't know what other things I can do in single user mode.

As I understood after googling "IOConsoleusers: gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm 0x0", my video card is not compatible with the new version of Sierra. What can I do? Can I install previous versions of macOS? How can I do that if I can boot only in single user mode?

Info:
Mac Mini 5,1
Dual Core Intel Core i5
Intel HD Graphics 3000

After updating the system (Sierra 10.12), my Mac mini boots up until the progress bar is at about 50%, then display becomes simply black. The computer does not shut down, but display is simply black.

If I boot in verbose mode, the last line I see is the following:

IOConsoleusers: gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm 0x0

Resetting the PRAM/NVRAM and resetting SMC do not help.

Internet recovery (Shift-Option-Command-R) does not help: recovery itself seems to proceed fine, but when it comes again to the Apple logo, the progress bar again reaches about 50% and the display becomes black.

Starting up in Recovery mode(Command-R) and starting up in Safe mode (Shift) do not help: as in Normal mode, it reaches 50% of progress bar and the display becomes black.

Apple Hardware test: no problems.

I can boot in single user mode (Command-S): "fsck -fy" does not find any problems. I don't know what other things I can do in single user mode.

As I understood after googling "IOConsoleusers: gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm 0x0", my video card is not compatible with the new version of Sierra. What can I do? Can I install previous versions of macOS? How can I do that if I can boot only in single user mode?

Info:
Mac Mini 5,1
Dual Core Intel Core i5
Intel HD Graphics 3000
This fixed it for me guys.. change your Intel iGPU inject's hardware ID from 0x00000000 to 0x12345678 from Clover's settings or edit in clover options when you boot the usb. This is a common change needed to boot from 10.12.4 onwards.
Keep your gpu platform id the same 192100.... etc

Trust me i hav3 tried alot of options and work around.
I have a skylake setup: Asus z170i gaming pro, intel graphics 530, nvme samsung 950 evo, intel 6700k.

Hey guys, getting the same error on 10.12.6 with an RX560 & Gigabyte z270mx.
Tried all the steps suggested here, and others, still no luck.
Anything I could be missing?
Thanks.
You tried my suggestion above your reply (it was with intel onboard graphics)?

Use this guide for amd. It has efi with kext already setup for you.

Last edited:
You tried my suggestion above your reply (it was with intel onboard graphics)?

Use this guide for amd. It has efi with kext already setup for you.

I had the same problem! Your suggestion did the job, thank you very much! I was trying so bad evey boot flag combination one can imagine!

My hardware id was 0x00000000 and I changed it to 0x19160000 following a suggestion for the hd 630 (I'm using a 7700k). I'm so glad after this fix I was able to enter into the setup. Now I've another problem tho, after I choose the target disk the system reboot, still I'm so glad I was finally able to enter the setup, I feel I'm closer to get my first hackintosh working!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back