Contribute
Register

Gigabyte X99P-SLI Motherboard with Broadwell-E 6800k, some success/some problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
(I) I have a SSDT on my USB ports USB 2 reports as USB 2 and USB 3 as USB 3, but I haven't speed tested

(II) rear ports work fine, pretty sure all my ports work fine

(III) cannot test sorry

Thanks again @ekwipt bro, for replying me.
Thunderbolt 3 in not my priority.
Please atleast confirm that you're getting USB 3.0 speed from USB 3.0 ports. I don't need any proof of this. I only want confirmation from you before buying this motherboard. Because if thunderbolt 3 doesn't work then atleast USB 3.0 ports should work as expected. I will be transferring lots of data from External SSD/HDD to Internal SSD.

Thanks in advance bro.

Thanks again @ekwipt bro, for replying me.
Thunderbolt 3 in not my priority.
Please atleast confirm that you're getting USB 3.0 speed from USB 3.0 ports. I don't need any proof of this. I only want confirmation from you before buying this motherboard. Because if thunderbolt 3 doesn't work then atleast USB 3.0 ports should work as expected. I will be transferring lots of data from External SSD/HDD to Internal SSD.

Thanks in advance bro.
The TB3 ports DO work, but a system report indicates no drivers are loaded. Don't know why. I have this mobo, i5820K CPU and a Universal Audio Apollo audio interface connected to the TB port via a Kanex TB3 to TB2 adapter. It works, but the BIOS needs the Thunderbolt to be set to Legacy or it won't work.

USB 3.0 connectors are hit and miss - some work, some only at 2.0 speed. Working on that issue right now.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back