Contribute
Register

Gigabyte X99P-SLI Motherboard with Broadwell-E 6800k, some success/some problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
sounds like some kexts and flags aren't compatible with the motherboard, i'd also suggest using Sierra if you can as well, more luck with Broadwell-e in the future and the later graphics cards, good luck

sounds like some kexts and flags aren't compatible with the motherboard, i'd also suggest using Sierra if you can as well, more luck with Broadwell-e in the future and the later graphics cards, good luck

Dude ... ! Some progress , i managed to install the OS X on my sdd, first time I did it to the m2 it got stuck at 29secs left for ages and rebooted .. finished the install then restarted , to which I was presented with the same install ... so I though I'd install it to the second sdd, which done it in one go and restarted , at this point it would not boot from USB so I booted from Mac OS X from the ssd not m2 followed the same guide you gave me , with installed gpu drivers , install clover modify plist and Kexts ... spent about a good 1.5hrs concentrating to get this whole thing right only to reboot with the same mofo error .... run allocation **** ... that's me trying to boot it from all 3 zzz USB ... m2 and the ssd .... any thoughts ...?

Update , it's going ;) the m2 drive isn't work yet , I think you posted something earlier Which I'll back track too , internet is working ;) haven't tried usb3 but I'm not sure if that's working , I'm using a audio interface but need to get a cable for it which I'm going to get now ;) happy days ! Thank you so much !

wow awesome congrats dude!

this is the post from the other forum that helped me get my NVME drive going"

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/604-nvmep/

Once you have each step going make sure you backup to a secondary hard drive so that you can try the next step and so on, otherwise you'll have to reinstall

but a lot of the things i'm linking to are for Sierra, so you'll have to do some searching for El Cap

wow awesome congrats dude!

this is the post from the other forum that helped me get my NVME drive going"

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/604-nvmep/

Once you have each step going make sure you backup to a secondary hard drive so that you can try the next step and so on, otherwise you'll have to reinstall

but a lot of the things i'm linking to are for Sierra, so you'll have to do some searching for El Cap

Awesome dude ! Thanks ! The m2 drive just worked out the box man , when I first booted I installed OS X to the m2 zzz at 29secs left it paused for about 20mins and restarted , finished the seconds of restarted and then I was hit with a install again so I did it to the ssd which was clean , restarted and booted off the USB and it didn't go to the setup it was install again so I just booted off the ssd and the setup was there I followed the guide for so long because I did it very slowly ... booted and it didn't work , went to bed took off all the boot flags except ncip0x2000 and the nv one ... boom worked ;)) it didn't start yesterday with a external Hdd connected ... I think anyway I tried twice ... got pissed off and unplugged everything and it booted ...

How do I back up ...? Time machine working good ?

No personally i'd buy a copy of Carbon Copy Cloner, i haven't had any issues, Time machine wont work in this instance, you can now mount your EFI drive with:

https://www.tonymacx86.com/resources/efi-mounter-v3.280/

So you Clone your System drive with CCC and then mount your EFI with EFI Mounter, copy your EFI folder to desktop and then copy to EFI Drive on Cloned Hard Drive

No personally i'd buy a copy of Carbon Copy Cloner, i haven't had any issues, Time machine wont work in this instance, you can now mount your EFI drive with:

https://www.tonymacx86.com/resources/efi-mounter-v3.280/

So you Clone your System drive with CCC and then mount your EFI with EFI Mounter, copy your EFI folder to desktop and then copy to EFI Drive on Cloned Hard Drive

Ok , I've seen ccc , I have a efi mounter Isthat good enough ? So what should I do ? Get a hdd , ccc my main drive to it , aswell as the efi and then start modifying things ?

Any EFI mounter should work, that's just the program I use. Which ever way you go yeah just make sure everything is cloned and you're able to boot from it and then you can either use your cloned drive as a test or the other way around, once you fix something or add kexts or what ever and it works, copy that version over and keep going.

You're better off with a slow and steady approach rather than stuff up your original install and have to start again.

Any EFI mounter should work, that's just the program I use. Which ever way you go yeah just make sure everything is cloned and you're able to boot from it and then you can either use your cloned drive as a test or the other way around, once you fix something or add kexts or what ever and it works, copy that version over and keep going.

You're better off with a slow and steady approach rather than stuff up your original install and have to start again.

Awesome dude thanks man ! What should I look at modifying ? Everything is working I think , my thoughts are I have the 6800k 6core and my geekbench might not be correct is this a bit low ? IMG_2004.JPG

is that Geekbench 4 because the scores are low across the board on GB4 compared to GB3

but you can get higher

Have you backed everything up?

Problem is now I'm on Sierra so i can't really help you with my patches, you may want to search for some similar chips and boards and start playing around with the patches in Clover Kernel to Patch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back