Contribute
Register

Gigabyte X99P-SLI Motherboard with Broadwell-E 6800k, some success/some problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
follow the first link and read slowly, you should be able to get it to boot from this point, depending on your hardware differences, after that you could copy my EFI

Ok so I downloaded all versions of clover config and have the Haskell option in the kernel and kext patch ;)
I've followed everything to the tee.... I get apple logo the bar comes then it reboots itself ...

FakeCPUID set to 0x0306A0

Kexts in 10.12 folder?

Drivers64UEFI folder:

OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi
FSInject-64.efi
HFSPlus.efi
OsxFatBinaryDrv-64.efi

10.12 kext folder:
FakeSMC.kext
IntelMausiEthernet.kext
X99_Injector USB 3.kext
VoodooTSCSync.kext (change cpu limit to 11)
NullCPUPowerManagement.kext

Last edited:
ok El Cap sorry didnt read that forget the X99_Injector USB 3.kext

thats for sierra

I'm using Sierra at the moment my EFI wont work with El Cap, but i have got it going in the past

no just copy paste into your USB stick in the correct folders

Preparing the USB stick

Download all needed software to the computer you will use to prepare the USB stick.
The USB stick will be erased. So save any contents you might want to keep.

• Start Disk Uitility
    • Select the Stick itself. If your stick is already formatted it may show multiple lines. Select the first one. It usually named after the product. In my case it's SanDisk Extreme
    • In the bottom right corner of the main window the Device: can be found. It will be something like disk1. Note the value.
    • Select Erase
      • Name: a
      • Format: OS X Extended Journaled
      • Scheme: GUID Partition Map
      • Press Erase
    • Quit Disk Utility
  • Open Terminal
    • enter the following. This is all in one line. When entered press the <Return> key.
      sudo /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ El\ Capitan.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ El\ Capitan.app --volume /Volumes/a
    • Enter <Return>
    • Enter Password
    • Enter Y
    • Enter <Return>
    • Wait this will take a while - using a fast USB stick pays off here.
    • When finished enter (you will need the device noted above, preceded by /dev/ and succeeded by s1).
      diskutil mount /dev/disk1s1
    • Enter <Return>
    • You will see a new Volume called EFI in the side Bar of your Finder window.
    • Rename it to INSTEFI. This is not strictly needed, but will help to distinguish the million of EFI volumes floating around.
  • Start Clover
    • Advance by pressing Ok to step Installation Type
    • Change Install Location to your Install stick (Install OS X El Capitan)
    • Customize
      • Select Install for UEFI Booting Only
      • Drivers64UEFI
        • Select OsxAptioFix2Drv-64
      • Install
    • Quit Clover

Preparing the USB stick

Download all needed software to the computer you will use to prepare the USB stick.
The USB stick will be erased. So save any contents you might want to keep.

• Start Disk Uitility
    • Select the Stick itself. If your stick is already formatted it may show multiple lines. Select the first one. It usually named after the product. In my case it's SanDisk Extreme
    • In the bottom right corner of the main window the Device: can be found. It will be something like disk1. Note the value.
    • Select Erase
      • Name: a
      • Format: OS X Extended Journaled
      • Scheme: GUID Partition Map
      • Press Erase
    • Quit Disk Utility
  • Open Terminal
    • enter the following. This is all in one line. When entered press the <Return> key.
      sudo /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ El\ Capitan.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ El\ Capitan.app --volume /Volumes/a
    • Enter <Return>
    • Enter Password
    • Enter Y
    • Enter <Return>
    • Wait this will take a while - using a fast USB stick pays off here.
    • When finished enter (you will need the device noted above, preceded by /dev/ and succeeded by s1).
      diskutil mount /dev/disk1s1
    • Enter <Return>
    • You will see a new Volume called EFI in the side Bar of your Finder window.
    • Rename it to INSTEFI. This is not strictly needed, but will help to distinguish the million of EFI volumes floating around.
  • Start Clover
    • Advance by pressing Ok to step Installation Type
    • Change Install Location to your Install stick (Install OS X El Capitan)
    • Customize
      • Select Install for UEFI Booting Only
      • Drivers64UEFI
        • Select OsxAptioFix2Drv-64
      • Install
    • Quit Clover

I did a clover reinstall and clicked the fix2 and the apple logo appears and then a circle with a line through it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back