Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
gigabyte x99 ultra gaming
CPU
core i7 5820K
Graphics
asus GTX 970
Hello guys,

i was spending 4 hours on all method to install on board audio ALC1150 but non of them working with me.
does anyone have solution?

There is an Audio forum with sticky threads explaining how to make things work and how to get help if it doesn't.

Read my whole message before doing anything.

You can try to use HDA Patcher (attached). I hope this is not against the rules of this forum, if it is, please forgive me.

Please note, this patcher does NOT patch anything (despite the name haha), it creates folder on desktop with 2-3 ways for you to manually patch. Look thru the contents of that folder. What worked for me were patched AppleHDA.kext (from folder "full Patched AppleHDA"), CodecCommander.kext (from folder "CodecCommander"), and HDAEnabler.kext (from folder" HDAEnabler5"). Take them, place them on desktop, make sure that on desktop there are no other KEXTS.

Download (from this site's DOWNLOAD page) and run KextBeast. In Kextbeast choose to install kext to S/L/E. KextBeast takes KEXTs from desktop and installs them to S/L/E. REBOOT.

NOTE: Make backups (NOT ON DESKTOP!) of the "AppleHDA.kext", if present "CodecCommander.kext" and "HDAEnabler.kext" located in S/L/E. In case you want to roll back kexts for some reason!

NOTE 2: I think this method is the last resort, because it is almost guaranteed to stop working if you try to update macOS.

Attachments

• AppleHDA Patcher.app_v1.7.zip
    3.2 MB · Views: 367
Read my whole message before doing anything.

You can try to use HDA Patcher (attached). I hope this is not against the rules of this forum, if it is, please forgive me.

Please note, this patcher does NOT patch anything (despite the name haha), it creates folder on desktop with 2-3 ways for you to manually patch. Look thru the contents of that folder. What worked for me were patched AppleHDA.kext (from folder "full Patched AppleHDA"), CodecCommander.kext (from folder "CodecCommander"), and HDAEnabler.kext (from folder" HDAEnabler5"). Take them, place them on desktop, make sure that on desktop there are no other KEXTS.

Download (from this site's DOWNLOAD page) and run KextBeast. In Kextbeast choose to install kext to S/L/E. KextBeast takes KEXTs from desktop and installs them to S/L/E. REBOOT.

NOTE: Make backups (NOT ON DESKTOP!) of the "AppleHDA.kext", if present "CodecCommander.kext" and "HDAEnabler.kext" located in S/L/E. In case you want to roll back kexts for some reason!

NOTE 2: I think this method is the last resort, because it is almost guaranteed to stop working if you try to update macOS.

Many thanks for finding out the issue and suggesting a solution. This solved the problem I was looking to solve for five hours.

BTW mine is Gigabyte GA-Z170MX-GAMING 5 with I7-6700K

Anyone using this mono should resort to the above solution.

It did work for couple of restarts and I no longer able to see the audio output options?. What is happening?. Also I tried to execute the attached AppleHDA Patcher.app_v1.7.zip But it is not creating the Folder on the desktop as before, So I am not able to do a kext patch again. Can someone help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back