Contribute
Register

Gigabyte X99-UD4 - everything works, except USB 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello! Have exactly the same hardware and same problem with USB3 after update. Can you upload working kext and we can try to patch this. Seems to be wrong ports limitation.

I updated to 10.14.1 and i lost USB 3 support again. I'm glad that i had Time Machine backup to 10.14.0 and was able to restore it on another SSD.

And that recommended guide to create a custom SSDT is just WAY too complicated with many references to another long posts and readme's. It's extremely overwhelming. I would gladly make my custom SSDT but it's just not possible with that guide.
As i understand - that custom SSDT should be macOS version independent (since 10.11.x), so USB 3 should be working after macOS updates. Am i right? And can please someone explain me what SSDT exactly is? Is it KextToPatch in config.plist? Is it custom kext? Or is it something else?

I updated to 10.14.1 and i lost USB 3 support again. I'm glad that i had Time Machine backup to 10.14.0 and was able to restore it on another SSD.

And that recommended guide to create a custom SSDT is just WAY too complicated with many references to another long posts and readme's. It's extremely overwhelming. I would gladly make my custom SSDT but it's just not possible with that guide.
As i understand - that custom SSDT should be macOS version independent (since 10.11.x), so USB 3 should be working after macOS updates. Am i right? And can please someone explain me what SSDT exactly is? Is it KextToPatch in config.plist? Is it custom kext? Or is it something else?
i have used my same ssdt for my usb on El Capitan, Sierra, High Sierra and now on Mojave with no issues by following the guide above

pertinent configs that got me further along with USB3 ports enabled on GA-X99-UD4 under Mojave 10.14.4.
it seems all my usb3 ports are working and showing 5Gb/sec, in addition to all usb2 ports at 480 Mb/sec.

yet i have NOT done proper SSDT yet... still trying to understand that process.
so i understand this is potentially unstable.

this mobo has the following intel 8086 usb controllers:
USB 3.0 bus: 0x8d31 (named XHCI)​
USB 2.0 bus: 0x8d26 (named EH01 after Clover DSDT rename)​
USB 2.0 bus: 0x8d2d (named EH02 after Clover DSDT rename)​
BIOS >
Peripherals​
XHCI Hand-off=Enabled​
EHCI Hand-off=Enabled​
Chipset​
XHCI Mode = Auto​

Clover Config >
Boot > Arguments: -uia_exclude_hs (this would seem heavy handed, but somehow all my USB2 ports still work)​

Acpi > DSDT > Find/Replace Patches:​
Rename EHC1 to EH01 (USB)​
Rename EHC2 to EH02 (USB)​
but not the XHC renames, removing enabled all my USB3 SS ports​
KEXTs
USBInjectAll.kext (2018-1108 v0.7.1)​
XHCI-unsupported.kext (v0.9.2, from same zip file as USBInjectAll)​
FakePCIID.kext (2018-1027, v1.3.15)​
FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext (same zip)​

Last edited:
Can you share your EFI folder. I have a similar Mobo x99m gaming 5, with a i7 5820k CPU. But can't seem to get the install to boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back