Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
New USB port limit patch

Comment: USB Port limit patch 10.14 (credits FredWst)
Name: com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCI
Find: 83 FB 0F 0F 83 03 05 00 00
Replace: 83 FB 0F 90 90 90 90 90 90

I got the RX 580 GPU today, so i updated to Mojave almost perfectly, but i can't get USB 3.0 to work. I somehow managed to make it work (thanks to malki) in High Sierra - it took almost a day. I think that changing SMBIOS to Mac Pro 6,1 helped. Now i'm half a day in and still trying to fix the same problem in Mojave. My motherboard is Gigabyte X99-UD4. I can't find X99_Injector USB 3.kext for Mojave anywhere. It looks like it's named XHCI-unsupported.kext now.
patches.png kexts.png
I tried various combinations of USBInjectAll.kext, X99_Injector US3.kext (from High Sierra), XHCI-unsupported.kext. It didn't work. Tried KextToPatch from High Sierra - didn't work either.
system.png usb3.png

I would be very grateful for any help.

I got the RX 580 GPU today, so i updated to Mojave almost perfectly, but i can't get USB 3.0 to work. I somehow managed to make it work (thanks to malki) in High Sierra - it took almost a day. I think that changing SMBIOS to Mac Pro 6,1 helped. Now i'm half a day in and still trying to fix the same problem in Mojave. My motherboard is Gigabyte X99-UD4. I can't find X99_Injector USB 3.kext for Mojave anywhere. It looks like it's named XHCI-unsupported.kext now.
View attachment 360612 View attachment 360613
I tried various combinations of USBInjectAll.kext, X99_Injector US3.kext (from High Sierra), XHCI-unsupported.kext. It didn't work. Tried KextToPatch from High Sierra - didn't work either.
View attachment 360619 View attachment 360620

i have moved your post to desktop support

View attachment 360612 View attachment 360613
View attachment 360619 View attachment 360620

Post the "Problem Reporting" files, so i can take a look.

But this guide is for Laptops. Even if this applies to Desktops, i had perfectly working USBInjectAll.kext in High Sierra. This guide is older than that. I know it has been updated, but it's still not written specifically for Mojave. So if this applies for High Sierra and Mojave - the old kext should've worked on Mojave just like it did on High Sierra.

But this guide is for Laptops. Even if this applies to Desktops, i had perfectly working USBInjectAll.kext in High Sierra. This guide is older than that. I know it has been updated, but it's still not written specifically for Mojave. So if this applies for High Sierra and Mojave - the old kext should've worked on Mojave just like it did on High Sierra.
the guide works for desktops/laptops and for Sierra, high Sierra and Mojave

running on Sierra, high Sierra and Mojave, this process has worked fine for me on both my desktop and laptop

Post the "Problem Reporting" files, so i can take a look.
How can i do that? Tried to find a guide, but haven't found one. I found some tool in this forum (link) that generates problem reporting files, but my BitDefender detected tons of trojans and etc.

How can i do that? Tried to find a guide, but haven't found one. I found some tool in this forum (link) that generates problem reporting files, but my BitDefender detected tons of trojans and etc.
nothing untoward with that link

I managed to fix it. Before i updated to Mojave from High Sierra, i updated Clover, but just an app, not the bootable one. I just updated the bootable one now and it kinda works. I also created 10.14 folder in "kexts" and added the same kexts as in "others", so this might have fixed it too. I'm not 100% happy, because some of the USB 3 devices connected to USB 3 ports shows up under USB 2 Hub. But the most important one - external SSD shows up under USB 3 Hub and is full speed now. I think that i need to check my USB related Kexts. Most likely it's Kext for another motherboard.

EDIT: I just deleted 10.14 folder to test if it was the cause - it wasn't. I'm sure now, that an old bootable Clover was the cause.
I still need to fix that not just SSD, but all USB 3 devices would be shown under USB 3 hub.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back