NVidia 9600
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I am having a problem where I can't get the computer to run all 10 cores/20threads. I get through the installer Turning off all cores but one, and turning off Hyper Threading, using the boot flags: -v npci=0x3000 PciRoot=1 dart=0. I install it, use the most up to date multi beast, don't install that chameleon, as it doesn't support Ivy Bridge-E, and install that updated one. I then go into Chameleon Wizard, and check all my flags. I install the VoodooTSCSync that I modified to use 20 threads, use Kext Wizard to make sure it's in and ready, then reboot, and I still get the unsynchronized TSC error and hang on some of the cores. This is really frustrating. :banghead::banghead::banghead: This is about the 10th time I have reinstalled using different methods to get all cores and threads running, and I can't figure it out, I have even used this post: http://www.osx86.net/files/file/3606-109-ivy-bridge-e-atom-lapic-fix-kernel/ . Can anybody provide any help?

Did you ever get this worked out? I'm on the x79-up4 (1.1 with F7) with a 4930k at the moment...My machine is running flawlessly, but I'm considering upgrading to the 2680v2 chip...If the bugs have been worked out by 10.9.5

Thanks in advance,

jb

Sorry for the long wait, I have been really busy since my daughter passed back in Feb.

No, I have never fixed the issue. The easiest "fix" is turning off all the cores except one in the BIOS, when you want to boot Mac. The issue is actually not in Mac, are anything to do with Mac, it is actually inside the processor itself. Most motherboard manufactures were able to correct the issue with an update, but as far as I know, Gigabyte has never fixed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back