Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
So I've looked all around the forums and found nothing that actually gets me into the installer. Here is what I've done:

Unibeast 10.9.2 done, patched mach_kernel for Haswell CPUs (this got me past the black screen hang)

Following that, I now hang at:
MAC Framework successfully initialized
using 16384 buffer headers and 10240 cluster IO buffer headers

I've tried modified AppleACPIPlatform.kext and AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext files to no avail.
Tried various BIOS settings, but haven't found anywhere that specifically states what the BIOS settings should be for this board.

Anyone who has any insight here help would be greatly appreciated. I've found other places where people are stuck at the same "MAC Framework..." message but nothing I've tried has worked. :banghead:

Booting with: -v cpus=1 npci=0x2000 GraphicsEnabler=No

Specs:
Intel Xeon E5-2680 V2 (Ivy Bridge 10 core)
Gigabyte X79-UP4 Rev1.1 on F8 BIOS
64GB GSKILL DDR3 1866MHz
2x EVGA GeForce GTX 780 ACX SC
ASUS ROG RAIDR 240GB PCI-E SSD
6x 1TB Western Digital Velociraptor 10k RPM drives

So I've looked all around the forums and found nothing that actually gets me into the installer. Here is what I've done:

Unibeast 10.9.2 done, patched mach_kernel for Haswell CPUs (this got me past the black screen hang)

Following that, I now hang at:
MAC Framework successfully initialized
using 16384 buffer headers and 10240 cluster IO buffer headers

I've tried modified AppleACPIPlatform.kext and AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext files to no avail.
Tried various BIOS settings, but haven't found anywhere that specifically states what the BIOS settings should be for this board.

Anyone who has any insight here help would be greatly appreciated. I've found other places where people are stuck at the same "MAC Framework..." message but nothing I've tried has worked. :banghead:

Booting with: -v cpus=1 npci=0x2000 GraphicsEnabler=No

Specs:
Intel Xeon E5-2680 V2 (Ivy Bridge 10 core)
Gigabyte X79-UP4 Rev1.1 on F8 BIOS
64GB GSKILL DDR3 1866MHz
2x EVGA GeForce GTX 780 ACX SC
ASUS ROG RAIDR 240GB PCI-E SSD
6x 1TB Western Digital Velociraptor 10k RPM drives

I've noticed some builds where they have used npci=0x3000 for the install.

Have you tried that ?

Yes I've tried several different boot options:

npci=0x2000
npci=0x3000
-x / -f
PCIRootUID=1
PCIRootUID=0

Everything I try ends up hanging at the same point. "MAC Framework successfully initialized"
Have yet to see the installer come up on this build :(

From what I can tell looking at screenshots of other people at similar hang points (but just after) the next thing that would come up in the console if it wasn't hanging involves APIC.. Does anyone know if there is something extra necessary? Modified kext perhaps?

I see other people using the same board and getting to the installer successfully. Doesn't seem to be anyone who is using a V2 Xeon with this board however.

Anyone have any ideas?

Same mainboard, same CPU, same situation. Bios F7

Any progress?

Try this VoodooTSCSync.kext - fixed for 10 core.

Attachments

• VoodooTSCSYNC-10core.zip
    20.5 KB · Views: 410
Hi Guys,
I think the issue is the CPU...

I have the same 10 v2 cpu as you guys and failed every single attempt.

I've tried booting with a 6 core v1 cpu and it worked with the following flags...

cpus=1 npci=0x2000 PciRoot=1

I'll make more tests and will post the results...
Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back