Contribute
Register

Gigabyte X79-UP4 Rev1.1 (F8) with Xeon E5-2680 V2 (10core) - need help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Using the VoodooTSCSync.kext - fixed for 6 core with this (v1 cpu) i managed to get almost everything going.

Boot flags are now: npci=0x2000 PciRoot=1

Next set of tests is with 10 core v2 CPU.

Cheers

Hi Guys,
I think the issue is the CPU...

I have the same 10 v2 cpu as you guys and failed every single attempt.

I've tried booting with a 6 core v1 cpu and it worked with the following flags...

cpus=1 npci=0x2000 PciRoot=1

I'll make more tests and will post the results...
Cheers

We know from Gigybyte website that this MoBo (REV 1.1 with Bios F7, not REV 1.0) has support for this CPU
REV 1.1
http://www.gigabyte.com/support-downloads/cpu-support-popup.aspx?pid=4766

REV 1.0
http://www.gigabyte.com/support-downloads/cpu-support-popup.aspx?pid=4288

But we don't know how compatible they are when comes to hackintosh

I wish to have some input from the forum administrators about this issue as they have being suggesting this setup on the buyer's guide since March 2014 and there is no mention that REV 1.0 is not compatible, even if you decide to run Windows or Linux as I'm doing.
And REV 1.0 is still for sale at Gigabyte's site http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4288#ov

Using the VoodooTSCSync.kext - fixed for 6 core with this (v1 cpu) i managed to get almost everything going.

Boot flags are now: npci=0x2000 PciRoot=1

Next set of tests is with 10 core v2 CPU.

Cheers

Would you mind elaborating on 'almost everything'?

Did you use this SpeedStep guide from shilohh?

http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-help/127574-guide-asus-x79-os-x-controlled-speedstep.html

I'm trying to decide between using a 4930K i7 Sandy Bridge-E or the E5-2680... It seems the Xeons are MUCH harder at the moment get running 100%. Am I right in thinking this?

I din't use the speedstep guide no, I usually disable it because of overclocking.

Almost everything means that, apart from Audio, everything is working.

Sleep/Wake
Reboot/shutdown
GTX 760
Ethernet

Next steps, is to try with the 10-Core v2.
And migrate my Fusion drive.

Cheers

Try this VoodooTSCSync.kext - fixed for 10 core.

The answer to this question may seem obvious, but can I use this kext to help me get into the installer or it is only used for post installation?
Thanks

I din't use the speedstep guide no, I usually disable it because of overclocking.

Almost everything means that, apart from Audio, everything is working.

Sleep/Wake
Reboot/shutdown
GTX 760
Ethernet

Next steps, is to try with the 10-Core v2.
And migrate my Fusion drive.

Cheers

Hi Yoannez,
Any news? I tried Clover but so far stopped at the same point
"MAC Framework successfully initialized"

The 10 Core testing indicates the problem is Mavericks...

The Board works with the 10-Core CPU, without any problem in:
Windows 8.
Windows 7.
Ubuntu 12.04.

No luck getting Mavericks running or even to the installer.

The 10 Core testing indicates the problem is Mavericks...

The Board works with the 10-Core CPU, without any problem in:
Windows 8.
Windows 7.
Ubuntu 12.04.

No luck getting Mavericks running or even to the installer.

Same here, working fine with W7 and Ubuntu 14.04, but not Mac so far :banghead:

I have a Dual Xeon E5 2630 v2 (6 Core)x2 System with 64 GB ECC Ram and a Titan GPU. I hope I don't have any issues. I'm stuck on making a Multi-Beast Bootable Thumb drive since I do not have a Mac. I did get my ASUS G73 going awhile back with Lion, but I need to get the Mac OS on my Desktop because I need a special graphics application that only runs on a Mac. God I hate that !!!!

Curious if you ever got this worked out? I'm on the X79-UP4 as well, but from what I can tell the bios versions stopped at F7, not F8?

I'm on 10.9.5 and currently running a 4930k in that board but am considering the 2680v2 chip...If it's as easy as dropping it in by 10.9.5...I know there have been issues on earlier versions of 10.9...

Thanks in advance,

jb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back