Contribute
Register

Gigabyte X299X - Catalina Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
@BerndVP Updated yesterday, with MacOS Catlina it works, but no improvement on overclocking stability.
OC 0.7.6
Do you have Big Sur? Have you tested it with the F3i BIOS?

@BerndVP Updated yesterday, with MacOS Catlina it works, but no improvement on overclocking stability.
OC 0.7.6
Do you have Big Sur? Have you tested it with the F3i BIOS?
Hi,

Not yet upgraded the BIOS.
I’m still running 0.6.8
Time to update. Are you willing to share you’re EFI without Serials :)

And no, not running Big Sur, nor tried it.

When I have a moment I add my updated EFI folder.

Anyone with Big Sur have tested the latest BIOS versions?

And… Positive overclocking experiences with the Gigabyte X299X?

When I have a moment I add my updated EFI folder.

Anyone with Big Sur have tested the latest BIOS versions?

And… Positive overclocking experiences with the Gigabyte X299X?
Personally, I don't need OC for this CPU, Core count was what I needed.

X299X Designare 10G - OC 0.7.6 (RELEASE) EFI folder

OC GUI.png

Summary:
This EFI has been adapted and customized for my system which has a Broadcom WI-FI/Bt PCIe card and an RX5700 XT.
The Config.plist was built from scratch starting from the sample.plist of the latest OC version to avoid possible compilation errors during past updates. It also includes a custom GUI.
If you have my same hardware configuration it is ready for use, just configure the SMBIOS.
For those who use a different hardware configuration see the CUSTOMIZATIONS section below.

This OC build does not contain the TJR hotfix (I am not able to patch this OC version), it uses the "Connect Drivers = False" method for the boot bug.

MAIN CONFIGURATION:
  • KEXT:
    • All Kext are updated to the latest version.
    • USBMap.kext built from scratch including rear ports, front ports (FUSB32_2 heaer), ITE device and internal USB2.0 (F_USB header). The HS14 port for the integrated Intel BT is not included.
    • SmallTreeIntel8259x.kext for X550T Ethernet controller is present but disabled because in my case it kills the Airdrop feature.
    • TSCAdjustReset.kext is configured for an 18 Core CPU.
    • RestrictEvents.kext it is disabled because the latest release causes a kernel panic on boot, I have not investigated why.
  • SSDT:
    • The SSDT-PLUG and SSDT-RTC0 have been "lightened" by eliminating all unnecessary entries.
    • SSDT Thunderbolt from HackinDROM has been fixed in the USB section.
    • SSDT-Disable-CNVW.aml to completely disable the Intel WI-FI card.
  • Booter:
    • ResizeAppleGpuBars is enabled (value 0), if Resizeable-BAR is disabled in the BIOS enter the value -1.
  • DeviceProperties:
    • The Broadcom WI-FI/Bt PCIe in Slot-4 and the RX5700 XT in the Slot-1 are already added.
    • The audio layout-id has been removed from the boot-args because it is already correctly injected into this section.
  • Misc:
    • LauncherOption is set to "Full". After the first boot you need to remove all boot disks and leave only the Opencore entry in the BIOS.
  • PlatformInfo:
    • For disabling the "more than maximum amount of memory" popup on MacPro7,1, I mapped my RAM memory. I have 4 modules of 16Gb 3200 MHz, if your configuration is the same you can enable "CustomMemory" in this section. If not, you will have to edit the memory map.

CUSTOMIZATIONS:
For those who use a video card different from the RX5000 series or Intel WI-FI instead of native Broadcom BCM card, the changes to be made are not many:
  • NETWORK:
    • BROADCOM BCM card: If you use a Broadcom WI-FI/BT PCIe card installed in Slot-4, no modification is required. If, on the other hand, the card is installed in a different slot, the ACPI path must be changed in DeviceProperties [currently: PciRoot(0x3)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)]. Alternatively you can completely remove it, because it is only cosmetic.
    • ONBOARD INTEL card: If you are using the integrated Intel network card, you need to:
      • Disable and remove the SSDT-Disable-CNVW.aml
      • Remove the Broadcom from DeviceProperties
      • Add internal HS14 USB port on USBMap.kext
      • Add and enable all the necessary Kext and DeviceProperties (See TheBloke's post #699)
    • X550T Ethernet controller: In order to use the two 10G ethernet controllers it will be sufficient to enable SmallTreeIntel8259x.kext in the Config.plist. But you may miss the Airdrop feature.
  • VIDEO CARD:
    • If you have an AMD RX5000 series video card installed in Slot-1 no modification is required. If it is installed in a different slot it will be sufficient to change the ACPI path in DeviceProperties.
    • If you use a different card it will be sufficient to remove agdpmod=pikera from the boot-args and the last two devices from DeviceProperties (Display controller and Navi 10 HDMI Audio).
  • CPU:
    • TSCAdjustReset.kext is configured for an 18 Core CPU: if your CPU has a different number of cores you will need to correctly set the IOCPUNumber in the kext.

This is my last EFI for this buggy card, tomorrow I'll replace it with an Asus.

I also attach a folder with all the BIOS released until today: F3c, F3e, F3f, F3g, F3h, F3i and the last F3j.

Attachments

• EFI OC 0.7.6 X299XDesignare10G.zip
    11.5 MB · Views: 172
  • BIOS - X299XDesignare10G.zip
    52.3 MB · Views: 106
Last edited:
Tnx! I will check it!

Thanks so much @LeleTuratti! What Bios are you currently running?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back