Contribute
Register

Gigabyte X299X - Catalina Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
it's tricky APST failed sometimes NVME kext is latest one I need to reboot 2-3 times
It really looks like the problem I had.

Sometimes I had to start 10 times and the 10th Mac OS launches.

I have no solution except to reinstall OSX. ( but the problem came back 2-3 weeks later)

From the online specification:
Intel® Core™ X series 48-lane processors:
  1. 2 x PCI Express x16 slots, running at x16 (PCIEX16_1, PCIEX16_2)
  2. 2 x PCI Express x16 slots, running at x8 (PCIEX8_1, PCIEX8_2)
    * The PCIEX16_2 slot shares bandwidth with the PCIEX8_1 slot. When the PCIEX8_1 slot is populated, the PCIEX16_2 slot operates at up to x8 mode.
Remove the WiFi card in PCIEX8_1 and you should have four M.2 in PCIEX16_2 with bifurcation set to 4x4…

Last edited:
Hi guys, I have a sound problem. I'm still on Catalina 10.15.7 + the latest updates.
My W5700 Pro, connected to a TV via USB-C to HDMI cable causes crackles in sound. The playback starts normally, then first faint crackles appear, then more of them, until sound stops. And after a short while, sound reappears normally, only for the process to repeat.

Same happens when I use one of the mini-DP ports connected to DP->HDMI 2.1 adapter, this one:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08BX49V5V/?tag=tonymacx86com-20.

When I use the older RX580 connected to a TV using either HDMI or the above adapter, sound works just fine.
Thus I can't use W5700 Pro. I have another build, running Bug Sur where the same W5700 works as expected.

Had anyone of you experienced this problem?

Thanks!

Commenting on my own post - the Big Sur system works as expected, connected to the same TV, the same way.
But the Big Sur system uses different CPU/motherboard/EFI so I'm not sure what to make of it.
Most likely drivers; IIRC Windows users complained about similar problems with early drivers for the same GPU.

Hi guys, I have a sound problem. I'm still on Catalina 10.15.7 + the latest updates.
My W5700 Pro, connected to a TV via USB-C to HDMI cable causes crackles in sound. The playback starts normally, then first faint crackles appear, then more of them, until sound stops. And after a short while, sound reappears normally, only for the process to repeat.

Same happens when I use one of the mini-DP ports connected to DP->HDMI 2.1 adapter, this one:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08BX49V5V/?tag=tonymacx86com-20.

When I use the older RX580 connected to a TV using either HDMI or the above adapter, sound works just fine.
Thus I can't use W5700 Pro. I have another build, running Bug Sur where the same W5700 works as expected.

Had anyone of you experienced this problem?

Thanks!

Is there any visible damage on the PCIe slot? A hardware problem could explain the issue, but is hardly fixable unless you can get a replacement from Gigabyte Asus.

Last edited:
So, still having this strange issue that the BIOS CLOCK and SYSTEM CLOCK get's out of sync, most of the time it's the BIOS clock that date and time doesn't follow....
And then when I change it in the BIOS the system clock is 1 hour later then the BIOS one.

I attached my EFI, if someone can have a look.
Yes, still running old version of opencore, didn't made time to try to upgrade it.

BIOS I'm running is F3H

Attachments

• X299X Designare 10G.zip
    3.8 MB · Views: 69
New BIOS update for X299X Designare 10G: F3j
  1. Checksum : 6B66
  2. Major vulnerabilities updates, customers are strongly encouraged to update to this release at the earliest.
    Credits to "Assaf Carlsbad and Itai Liba from SentinelOne"
  3. Introduce capsule BIOS support starting this version.
    Customers will NOT be able to reverse to previous BIOS version due to major vulnerabilities concerns.
mmmm, can't roll back when updated....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back