Contribute
Register

Gigabyte X299X - Catalina Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everything works, @lx23 ? Which BIOS version are you using? Why did you set SMBIOS to 2017 iMac Pro, not 2019 Mac Pro?
Everything works except Thunderbolt, Thunderbolt Dock's USB 3.0 not work.
BIOS version F3c.
If use Mac Pro we need MacProMemoryNotificationDisabler.kext, iMac Pro doesn't need this.

Last edited:
After set Legacy USB Support Enabled in BIOS, everying works.

got this problem after put raid pci card on monterey and if i remove pci card i still have this problem now
I think I had a similar problem on Big sur with my raid PCI card.

The only solutions I could find: Re-install the system or Format the RAID volume.

The problem occurred several times in a random way after several days or weeks.

This is one of the main reasons why I gave up my Gigabyte motherboard for an Asus motherboard

got this problem after put raid pci card on monterey and if i remove pci card i still have this problem now

Yikes! With the Gigabyte 4x NVME add in card? That sucks... it was my plan next...

Yikes! With the Gigabyte 4x NVME add in card? That sucks... it was my plan next...
Did you guys set bifurcation in BIOS?

The 16x slot hosting the Gigabyte 4x NVME card has to be split as 4x 4PCIe lanes for the card to work properly. IIRC it's just a bunch of wires routing 4x PCIe lanes to each of the NVME drives.

As a result, OSes are supposed to see 4x independent NVME drives. If you didn't configure bifurcation, I can't even begin thinking how it turns out. At the end, one might need an SSDT to present the card as 4x NVME devices, but I hope it'll not come to that.

If you didn't configure bifurcation, I can't even begin thinking how it turns out. At the end, one might need an SSDT to present the card as 4x NVME devices, but I hope it'll not come to that.
That one is easy: With a non-bifurcated x16 slot, the OS sees only the M.2 which gets the first four lines. Bifurcated x8x8, two M.2 drives. To have four drives the slot must be bifurcated x4x4x4x4, if the BIOS allows it. There never is a need for a SSDT.

I did again my configuration of raid 0 I do see only 2/4 ssd the last 2 one
maybe it's not the same problem I had ....

As @teosoft said, are the PCI "bifurcation" in the BIOS well done?

In the BIOS, in the PCI configuration you have to choose "4x4 PCI" on the right PCI slot.
So you can only put this pci card on a 16x slot (not 8x if you use 4 ssd)
By default it is configured on a 16x PCI line. You have to put it on 4x4 PCI so that it interprets 4 lines of 4x and not one line of 16x

you have a 2nd pci card on the PCIE_8_2 Slot.

You have tried to remove all the other PCI cards that are useless? (maybe a compatibility problem between cards)

AORUS PCI CARD working only on PCI 1 graphic card moved to PCI 3 wifi PCI 2
if the card already works on PCI 1 ^^

maybe a bug in your BIOS (Gigabyte likes to make buggy bios...)

Are you using the latest version of the bios ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back